Hurrah for TMNT!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Greg_S_H, May 19, 2003.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I was a little worried this would be a one-on-one fighter like some of the later 16-bit Turtles games, but it looks like Turtles in Time in 3D, which can only be a good thing. Also, cel-shading really seems to fit this title like a glove. Can't wait for this one.

The only place I saw game footage was IGN:

http://ps2movies.ign.com/ps2/video/t...ree_051503.mov

If you know of any other good links, please provide them. Looks like this is the PS2 version. I'd like to see how it looks on the Cube.

2. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

I can't wait for this game! It looks great. There's actually a one-on-one fighting game included in this game! It's like Turtles In Time and Tournement Fighter all in one! Yippee!

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I still play Turtles in Time every once in a while.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg
    That's cool, Lee. I don't dislike one-on-one, but not at the expense of an adventure. Having them both is excellent.

That boss fight with the robot made from cars and stuff looks incredible.

Are there any E3 write-ups about this game? I pretty much have only seen that video.

5. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Ive read a few previews and they all say the game is gonna be good. Everything from the game is from the new cartoon. That metal monster was from the 2nd episode of it

capt

6. Greg_S_H

Greg
    I haven't seen the new show, but this just screams Turtles! Very classic-looking. Casey Jones looks great, too. I remember back when Turtles in Time was announced for the arcades, EGM had screenshots, and I was just drooling over them. When the SNES version was announced, I would read the previews over and over. Rarely was I more excited about a game. It's unlikely I'll get to that level again, but it does bring back memories. This is already near the top of my list of must-have games.

That metal monster makes me think of those Transformers you could combine to make a big robot. Hmm. Isn't there some kind of Transformers game in the works, too? That could be cool.

7. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

I hope there's an easter egg to unlock the original Turtles theme song hidden in there [​IMG]. If this is Turtles In Time quality I'll be all over it, it looks fabulous already, and we know Konami can handle a Turtles game like nobody [​IMG].

8. Mario_Y

Mario_Y Stunt Coordinator

Casey's in the game? Awesome!

9. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I'd love to see the original turtle games re-'animated' to match the look of the original cartoon much more closley than they did. Using the Cel shading of the Gamecube and have them resemble the 'feel' of these new games of course. But that's only a pipe dream that'll never happen.

That being said, I can't wait for these games to be released. Finally, one of a few 3D games I don't need a walkthrough to fully experience, and can just pop the sucker in and go [​IMG].

I hope Konami can re-release the orignial NES games as extra unlockables in future titles. Either that, or a GBA compilation pack, with 103, the SNES games, and the GB games.

10. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

Only two players? Hopefully the finished product will feature 4 player simultaneous play. Other than that it looks awesome.

11. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

This game looks awesome!

~T

12. RossH

RossH Stunt Coordinator

Ross Hudgins
    Woa, just watched that video...looks pretty awesome! I used to spend most of my money in the arcade on the old cartoon-based TMNT game. "Pizza-Time!"