What's new

Hunt For Red October (1 Viewer)

ShaunG

Stunt Coordinator
My mistake, sorry Mark Barnhill :P

I watched the new disc last night and while I haven't seen the old disc in a while the film did look vibrant in certain areas with a consistant solid image through its entirty, however my eyes don't usually catch every pixal on the screen so I'm sure there was imperfections I missed but I had a very pleasent experience viewing this new disc.

Ian Garton

Grip
When listening to the English DD or DTS track on the Canadian version of the SE, do French subtitles automatically appear when they speak Russian?

Are the discs identical to the ones sold in the US? If not, what differences are there, other than the cover?

Thanks. :)

Ian Garton

Grip
OK. That's great! Thanks Lewis. Usually I'd just order the US version, but it'd cost me about $30 more to buy the new Jack Ryan set from the US.

I've been told that the French subtitles appear beneath the English ones on the Canadian Fellowship of the Ring DVDs by Alliance Atlantis, even when you're listening to the English language track. I just wanted to make sure that Paramount did not follow this practice on their Canadian DVDs.

I really look forward to seeing this movie again this weekend! :)

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno why but was surprised that Alec Baldwin participated in the doc! I somehow thought he was on the outs with the producers???
Yeah, I too was a bit surprised by Alec "Bullswhip" Baldwin's appearance in the new doc. But since he was the lead actor in the movie, you'd almost have to have him in it.

I'm amazed how much he's changed (aged) since 1990. Didn't realize how young he was back then.

I'm now in the middle of watching Patriot Games for the first time in a long while, and I must say, that now after 9/11, the film has a different...I don't know...feel to it, I guess. Granted that those in the United Kingdom are used to IRA activiities, but 9/11 woke us Americans up to terrorist threats.

The ironic thing is that I can "see" the IRA's side of the argument quite easily. What I object to is the terrorist activities. Terrorism is a method one uses when they have no intention to negotiate at a table like civilized people.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks