What's new

Hung like a true idol... (1 Viewer)

WarrenL

Stunt Coordinator
Hey remember Tiny Tim?? Let the guy have fun for a while, believe me we'll get swamped with the pumped-up, same sounding, generic puke that comes from AI soon enough.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Hey maybe he'll make enough money to pay for engineering school. That would be cool. As for the rest of the show, I think sometimes people forget that it's not about the contestants. It's about the show and the show making money. Look at the picks they make. They don't pick the most talented. They make their picks based upon what will produce the most buzz and keep interest in the show. It's all about ratings, not talent.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Well maybe we should all go on there, make a fool of ourselves and get a record contract.
Hmmm.

There are so many talented people out there and yet he is being called back to a show that is suppose to showcase talent?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
There have been worse auditions than Hung's. The main reason for his popularity isn't because he was dreadful in his audition, it's because of his attitude when he responded to the judges' criticisms: "I already gave it my best. I have no regrets at all."

He's a good guy who was sincere with his performance, unlike some who purposely make a fool out of themselves. America responded to that, and that's why he has all this fame (or infamy as he realized it might be). You can't blame him for accepting all the offers.

~T

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why anyone would care? Don't buy the album if you don't like the guy. Quite frankly, I see no difference between this guy having a recording contract because of his comedic performance than Britney Spears having a contract because of her, well other reasons not related to singing. I have no problem with either. This guy is a modern day Sonny Bono without a Cher; just living the American dream with a half baked idea.

Just to set the record straight, I have no interest whatsoever in this guy, but the title of this thread made me look (nice job drew :emoji_thumbsup: ). I don't think it matters that people are laughing at him and not with him because I can think of a lot of comedians that have made a career out of being the joke, not telling it. I just don't see the harm of a guy who is making a lot of people laugh without harming others and getting paid to do it. OK, stepping off soapbox.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi

He reappered on the show for what was basically a "Worst of American Idol" special. A big part of the show's popularity is seeing all the bad auditions in the beginning.

~T

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I say go William Hung... If you can do this (bad or not), enjoy yourself, and make a bunch of money at the same time, go for it...

I would do it... So would almost anyone else with the chance...

I just hope Mr. Hung doesnt blow through all the money on dumbness... He could have a nice start in life from this 15 minutes of fame...

I would do it, save the cash, and then move away... ;)

Mike:K

Auditioning
In spite of the supposed "nerdiness", I'm sure he's smart enough to know why people like him so much right now. He's probably going to milk this for all it's worth, make some money, pay for his education, sock some of it away, and get on with his engineering goals.

More power to him...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks