Humphrey Bogart - Any chance We're No Angels will be released?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brent Avery, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

I have not had the chance to see this film for many years but consider it one of his best efforts along with the always great Peter Ustinov. I do know that it was released by Paramount in 1955 - which makes me curious as to the OAR. If Paramount still has the rights then here is another Bogart movie ripe for transfer onto dvd, especially with Warners making a great effort to bring him to a home theater near you. Anybody have similar thoughts on this comedy?

2. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

I'd love to see 1955's We're No Angels released. It is a very pleasant dark comedy that is wonderfully cast. I have no idea what the A.R. for the film might be, IMDB lists 1.96:1. I saw the film 3 or 4 years ago on Turner Classic Movies, but I can't recall if it was letterboxed or not. Earlier viewings on broadcast television were 1.33:1.
    Regardless, it is a film that will find a welcome place in my collection.
    - Walter.

3. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I've been dying to see a DVD of this for years! This is one of our favorite Christmas movies, and as I've told Paramount in the multiple email and real letters I've sent them, I would buy multiple copies of this to give out as Christmas gifts.

I've never seen this letterboxed. I do know that the copy I taped off AMC a few years ago used a much better print that the one they show on TCM. My parents bought the VHS of this around the same time I taped it, but I've never seen their copy so I'm not sure how it looks.

This is currently my most wanted movie on DVD.

4. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie

Stephen J. Hill
    We're No Angels, which is also a personal favourite of mine, was shot in VistaVision, which means the OAR could have been either 1.66, 1.85, or 2.0:1. RAH, where are you when we need you?

5. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Definitely one I'd buy if it ever got released.

6. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I want one too--this is one of my favorites along with African Queen that still haven't hit dvd.

7. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

8. Joel Vardy

Joel Vardy Supporting Actor

9. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt Second Unit

Those who missed out on the initial 2005 release, and have been deterred from picking it up on the secondary market due to inflated prices, can now pick up a reissue for a mere $4.95 through the WB Shop or $5.49 through Amazon. Distributed through Warner Home Video. http://www.wbshop.com/product/were+no+angels+1955+1000370563.do http://www.amazon.com/Were-No-Angels-Humphrey-Bogart/dp/B00AEBB9YQ The other 2005 Paramount Bogart, "The Desperate Hours," is also available as a reissue through the same e-tailers for (roughly) the same prices.

10. Hasslein

Hasslein Second Unit

Jim
    Thanks for posting this. I saw one copy last year at Big Lots for $3 and didn't pick it up because I mistakenly thought I had it, I've been kicking myself ever since. Cool, now I'll order it from Amazon.