What's new

Humorous or Touching Family Tale - Add Your Own (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Many years ago, in another century, another lifetime, my sister Lila, her husband, and my self were eating dinner. Somehow the conversation turned to baseball and the guys started to give her a hard time (in a family sort of way) for her lack of knowledge about the sport. After a few minutes, Lila looked at us and said “I may not know much about baseball, but if I had a bat right now, I’d hit a few balls.”

I had liquid or food in my mouth and I had to quickly grab my napkin to cover my nostrils so I wouldn’t spray the table. I’ve never laughed so fully or so long. I was proud of Lila for that. She was my favorite (of three) sisters, all older and the first to die. She was a second mom to me. I’ll always miss her.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
My mother-in-law (I couldn't have asked for and gotten one better - I really miss her) loved to watch Cardinal Baseball. If they were playing and it was being broadcast she'd have it on. I absolutely do not like the sport - at all - but I know all of the rules and how it's played (let's just say I partied with guys who were sports nuts - we'd turn the TV on, sound down, music up, party, watch whatever was on - I got it mostly by osmosis). So... I'm sitting with her one day while a game is on and one of the teams made a huge error but it wasn't caught by the refs. I complained about it - it was *glaring* and should have been caught. She looked at me and asked "How do you know that?" so I explained and asked her "Why didn't you catch it? You watch them all the time!" only for her to reply "Oh... I don't know anything about the game. I just like to watch them boys run around in their tight uniforms!" Yeah... about hurt myself laughing. Fortunately I wasn't drinking anything at the time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks