What's new

Hummmmmm? (1 Viewer)

Daryl Leopold

Auditioning
Hi there,
I am plagued by an audio hum from the TV to the Surround receiver and it's only from the TV. I have investigated the ground loop idea and ensured all units were on the same pathway but the hum still prevails.
I repeat, this is only from TV programs: not dvds, vhs, am/fm stations at all. Only the TV programs.

Any ideas?
I have been trying to eliminate this bothersome noise but cannot get around it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
Do you have any other electronics other than your Home Theater gear in the same room (ie: small apliances, cordless phones, halogen lamps)? Sometimes these cause interfence.

Kerryn R

Auditioning
I have a similar prob with a high-pitched whistle, which comes through reciever - it happens only when viewing TV via my digital decoder but is not present when using the dvd (or the TV without the receiver on).

I have significant digital reception issues and I suspect this may be the cause of my whistle, kind of like when you get a bacground noise on a weak radio station- maybe it's worth checking out your antenna's signal strength and reception quality? Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks