What's new

Humans - season 1 (AMC) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone watching "Humans" on AMC (I think it's produced overseas in the UK)?

While it follows similar tropes of sci-fi stories of robots (synths) as servants in human form in the not-so-distant future, there's a small group of these "synths" who appear to have a higher form of AI impacting their actions and decision-making, and have little qualms over killing threats (other humans) to their own continued existence.

So far, it's not bad for summer TV viewing.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have been watching. I am enjoying it. The main family is a bit off-putting, especially the teenage boy. The whole family dynamic that these synths would create is pretty weird. The moral implications this show is broaching are interesting. On the one hand, having a synth around to do the chores would be awesome. But the feeling of having you place in the family being replaced by a dolly would be a problem for some.

It must be doing ok as it was picked up for a second season.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/humans-renewed-season-2-amc-channel-4-1201488376/

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My TiVo cried uncle and I didn't set a season pass. Should I look for the encore next year?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Scott-S said:
I have been watching. I am enjoying it. The main family is a bit off-putting, especially the teenage boy.
I agree, but it's the mother/wife that irritates me.

I wouldn't call it "must see TV", but it's not bad for a summer series. It seems to be exploring similar themes as the film, "I, Robot".

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
I agree, but it's the mother/wife that irritates me.

I wouldn't call it "must see TV", but it's not bad for a summer series. It seems to be exploring similar themes as the film, "I, Robot".
Agree with you 100%, the wife is quite annoying. Otherwise it's a decent show.

Odd coincidence, but I recorded "I, Robot" a few weeks ago. One of the few Will Smith films I actually enjoy. Still on the DVR until this weekend.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
This finished last week over here, how many episodes in are you? I thought it worked fine as a self contained story, with how it finished I don't have any desire to watch a second season.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nigel P said:
This finished last week over here, how many episodes in are you? I thought it worked fine as a self contained story, with how it finished I don't have any desire to watch a second season.
How many episodes are there? I've got #6 on the DVR, 7 & 8 set to record next week. Just curious.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That was bloody boring, and I don't know why I sat through the entire series. Thankfully, it was a short run. If it were, say, 13 episodes, I would have given up.

I thought this would be some original take on AI and human like androids. It wasn't. And it stretched out everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks