What's new

Humanoids from the Deep... (1 Viewer)

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
I saw this movie years ago and I'm wondering if a widescreen edition was ever released - I did find a P&S copy at Best Buy. However, I will not buy P&S films.:frowning:

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
No sorry, that's the only version ever released in Region 1. Perhaps someone is aware of a WS version that has been released in another region, as I'm not savvy on all of the multi-regional releases.

BTW, the Region 1 disk is actually an open-matte version rather than P&S, if that makes a difference. I think all of the Corman New Concorde releases (Piranha, etc.) use open-matte home video transfers. Not great by any means, but they can usually be found for cheap (under $7.00 online).

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I have no idea about a widescreen version DVD but it's funny you mention this movie now. I just watched this movie for the first time uncut and widescreen (letterboxed) on the Independent Film Channel (IFC)
this past weekend.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
Thanks guys. :) Open matte, what to do? What to do? I've boycotted the open matte version of Moonstruck for years hoping a widescreen special edition would appear. Now with SONY=MGM I wonder if I'll ever own it.

KeithJP

Grip
There is an uncut widescreen release from Japan. Xploitedcinema.com had it for $40 along with a description of what footage the Japan disc has that the US disc doesn't. I can't find that title at Xploited now, but CDJapan has it. If the cover of the Japanese release looks familiar to you, you may have seen it on the banner of DVDDrive-in.com. (The other two pics are Dracula vs. Frankenstein and Brain of Blood.)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I saw this movie when it came out, and I was four. It freaked me out...

Doesn't
A woman give birth to a Humanoid at the end of the film?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I haven't seen this movie since 1979, and I was four.....now that is a perfect example of making an impression!!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
If I remember correctly, was this the film where the women were tied up to stakes on a beach and the creatures came out of the water to have their way with them?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
No, that doesn't sound like Humanoids to me, Ron.....sounds familiar though...the Blood Island films from the 60's & 70's perhaps?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I also saw this when it first came, I was home from college and saw it with a friend of mine at a matinee on a rainy Saturday when there was not much else to do. Aftewards we hung out at my house and told my father about this cheesy movie we'd just seen.

A few months later I'm back home again - it must have been Thanksgiving and Christmas - and hanging out in the kitchen when my father calls me into the den. He's watching HBO and a movie is about to come on. You have to understand that my dad sometimes has Norm Crosby's ear for the English language - except he's not kidding. "Look what's coming on next," he said. "That movie you saw this summer. You know, Hemorrhoids from the Deep."

We still laugh about that one. :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks