Human Nature

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Ferguson, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Has anyone heard anything about this film? I see it's supposed to be released in theaters in April but will it get a wide spred release. I found this video which made more laugh for about a minute straight. http://www.bacfilms.com/site/human/video/hnxtrt3.mov
    How do they get that mouse to actually eat with a FORK!!!
    Anyone has any reviews on info on this, that would be awesome.
    Thanks

2. Wes C

Wes C Supporting Actor

Anyone have any opinions on this film yet?

3. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

Roger think is good, Roeper a mild thumbs down.

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

It is Charlie Kaufman, so that gets me in the seats.

Jason

5. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    I saw it Saturday afternoon. It definitely keeps the "feel" of Spike Jonze & Co.'s earlier effort, Being John Malkovich, something you'll notice right away if you've seen Malkovich recently, or even more than once.
    I did enjoy this film, but I'm not sure I can see myself watching it again and again. The hair condition is more disturbing than it is funny, and the "white room" scenes with Tim Robbins are tedious simply because of his dialogue, which plays on his inability to understand things ad nauseam.
    Rhys Ifans truly steals the show; I cracked up at his measured, deadpan delivery in every Congress scene, to say nothing of the looks he gives Tim Robbins as he's about to do something he shouldn't. The mice are also incredibly funny, although you'll probably groan at their last screen appearance, which runs far too long.
    I'm being deliberately vague about the story behind this film, but everything ties together nicely, even if it does feel a lot longer than 96 minutes. I probably wouldn't bring a date, though. [​IMG]