Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling on DVD someday...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matthew Green, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Matthew Green

Matthew Green Stunt Coordinator

YES! Being a huge wrestling fan I'm glad that DIC has acquired these properties. I DID like the show even though most didn't. Can't wait to see the complete run on DVD.

2. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Didn't DiC make the series? Is this coming to DVD?

3. Random Hero

Random Hero Second Unit

(piano tune)

HULK! HULK! HULK!

Classic cartoon.

4. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

The story doesn't seem kosher to me, in September, DIC/Shout Factory released Heathcliff (24 episodes) and coming up this April they are going to release Inspector Gadget (22 episodes). How can they re-aquire something that they already put out less than five months ago and were planning to put out more of on DVD in a month through Shout Factory?

Paul

5. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

The tvshowsondvd.com story says DIC has regained global rights to some of the properties. That's why Heathcliff and Inspector Gadget are included in the press release.

6. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    Well according to the press release on TSoD, DIC has only acquired 26 episodes of "Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N Wrestling". According to the episode guide on TV.com, the show consisted of 38 eps. I know a handful of episodes were released on VHS years ago under the WWF(E) licence. Is it possible that DIC may own only 2/3 of the series, while the WWE owns the remaining 1/3?

I think it's great that these classic Saturday morning cartoons are finally going to see the light of day on DVD, and "RnR" is definitely among my favorites, but I'll only bite if the entire series is released.

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I'll only get this if the price is right. I remember loving this as a kid, but I can't imagine it well hold up now.

8. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

That's not entirely true re: the 38 episodes. There were 19 episodes, each consisting of 2 "stories," making a total of 38 "stories," but only 19 episodes (according to epguides.com's episode list). I'm not sure where the 26 mentioned in the press release came from.

As for those WWF Home Video releases mentioned earlier, I actually bought all 6 of those volumes off of eBay a couple years ago. From my memory of them, each one contained 2 or 3 "stories." When I get a chance (not until Wednesday or Thursday, since I'm currently out of town), I'll take a look at them and see if I can figure out exactly many stories were included, copyright date, and the distributor of them. I'll report back in a few days.

9. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke
    I stand corrected. For whatever reason, TV.com has each story listed as individual episodes which makes no sense, which is why I made the honest mistake of thinking there were 38 episodes when there are in fact 19. Upon looking again this morning, for each two stories listed, the airdates are indeed identical.

However, I agree that it's weird that the press release lists 26 episodes for the show. Perhaps there were 7 that never aired? Who's to say?

10. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Let's not forget the live action segments, I remember live action Rowdy Roddy Piper helping fix a lady's car.

11. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Whatcha gonnadoo, BROTHER, when Rock N Wrestling runs wild on DVD!?

Sorry couldn't resist.

12. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke
    Wow, I just found out that Brad Garrett (Ray's brother Robert from "Everybody Loves Raymond") was the voice for Hulk Hogan in the cartoon. Also, James Avery (Uncle Phil from "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air") voiced Junk Yard Dog. I guess you learn something new every day. [​IMG]

13. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Cool news

14. JayHink

JayHink Stunt Coordinator

Jason
    Was looking into this recently, before Hulk Hogan's recent troubles that got him fired and "erased" from WWE.

From what I can tell, DIC produced the show with WWE, but I think WWE holds the rights. They had recently put it up for viewing on the online-only WWE Network.

But alas, it was taken down along with everything else related to Hogan.