What's new

Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling on DVD someday... (1 Viewer)

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
YES! Being a huge wrestling fan I'm glad that DIC has acquired these properties. I DID like the show even though most didn't. Can't wait to see the complete run on DVD.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
The story doesn't seem kosher to me, in September, DIC/Shout Factory released Heathcliff (24 episodes) and coming up this April they are going to release Inspector Gadget (22 episodes). How can they re-aquire something that they already put out less than five months ago and were planning to put out more of on DVD in a month through Shout Factory?

Paul

Joe:C

Second Unit
The tvshowsondvd.com story says DIC has regained global rights to some of the properties. That's why Heathcliff and Inspector Gadget are included in the press release.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well according to the press release on TSoD, DIC has only acquired 26 episodes of "Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N Wrestling". According to the episode guide on TV.com the show consisted of 38 eps. I know a handful of episodes were released on VHS years ago under the WWF(E) licence. Is it possible that DIC may own only 2/3 of the series, while the WWE owns the remaining 1/3?

I think it's great that these classic Saturday morning cartoons are finally going to see the light of day on DVD, and "RnR" is definitely among my favorites, but I'll only bite if the entire series is released.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll only get this if the price is right. I remember loving this as a kid, but I can't imagine it well hold up now.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That's not entirely true re: the 38 episodes. There were 19 episodes, each consisting of 2 "stories," making a total of 38 "stories," but only 19 episodes (according to epguides.com's episode list). I'm not sure where the 26 mentioned in the press release came from.

As for those WWF Home Video releases mentioned earlier, I actually bought all 6 of those volumes off of eBay a couple years ago. From my memory of them, each one contained 2 or 3 "stories." When I get a chance (not until Wednesday or Thursday, since I'm currently out of town), I'll take a look at them and see if I can figure out exactly many stories were included, copyright date, and the distributor of them. I'll report back in a few days.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I stand corrected. For whatever reason, TV.com has each story listed as individual episodes which makes no sense, which is why I made the honest mistake of thinking there were 38 episodes when there are in fact 19. Upon looking again this morning, for each two stories listed, the airdates are indeed identical.

However, I agree that it's weird that the press release lists 26 episodes for the show. Perhaps there were 7 that never aired? Who's to say?

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Let's not forget the live action segments, I remember live action Rowdy Roddy Piper helping fix a lady's car.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Wow, I just found out that Brad Garrett (Ray's brother Robert from "Everybody Loves Raymond") was the voice for Hulk Hogan in the cartoon. Also, James Avery (Uncle Phil from "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air") voiced Junk Yard Dog. I guess you learn something new every day. :)

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Was looking into this recently, before Hulk Hogan's recent troubles that got him fired and "erased" from WWE.

From what I can tell, DIC produced the show with WWE, but I think WWE holds the rights. They had recently put it up for viewing on the online-only WWE Network.

But alas, it was taken down along with everything else related to Hogan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks