What's new

Huh? Sega to charge a fee for PSO for the box?? Oh and X-box Live impressions. (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Kind of throws the "One fee for all" Live service for a loop. We'll have to wait and see what happens in the US
PSO fee
Oh and some impressions of NFL Fever 2003 online
NFL Fever
Brought to you by Gamespot.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Hate to sound smug, Romier, but I told you so... Microsoft have made it clear in the 'small print' that publishers are able to levy fees on top of the Live! subscription.

It's worth making it clear that so far the PSO info is only for Japan I believe, they haven't announced details of it in the West, right?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
It's worth making it clear that so far the PSO info is only for Japan I believe, they haven't announced details of it in the West, right?
Yep thats correct. No news yet on the US market. Thats why I ended my first sentence with "We'll have to wait and see what happens in the US.";)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, PSO v.2 had the same thing.

If there is a fee for the US, which right now I'm doubting, then it will be pretty small. Japan's online market is MUCH smaller than the US

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It does if you don't expect to sell enough to keep your network supported

Also, telecommunication fees are astronomical in Japan
The original PSO also required you to pay

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to re-iterate that it's Japan only so far, Romier
You da man:emoji_thumbsup:. Sorry about the miscommunication Brian.
EDIT: Besides the PSO news. What are everyones thoughts on the online impressions? The voice morphing sounds neat and I'm glad to see that lag is not a problem. I'm not really much for sports games but this wets y apetite for Unreal Championship! While on the subjest of shooters...
Hopefully we can get some news soon on Socom for the PS2 as well, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how that one turns out. Voice communication got me really interested.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Well for these MMPORG games it can be expected no doubt. I mean Sony's supposedly free for 1st party online system is charging a monthly fee for Everquest on the PS2. Sony makes Everquest right?

Can we be sure that you need to subscribe to LIVE to get online with PSO? It'd make sense that you don't have to and that MS is anticipating this. So they realize the Japanese want to play PSO but wouldn't be as interested in LIVE so they just give them PSO instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks