Huh? Pan RP56 DVD player no coaxial?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luc, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Luc

Luc Stunt Coordinator

I'm a Panasonic DVD player fan and owned 3 Pan players before I bought the RP56 because it has progressive scan. Then when I was doing the connection, I realize I no longer have the choice between the coaxial or the digital connection. So dawn it, I had to go out and spend an extra $30. What gives? Did Panasonic decided that the digital connection is better? I can't tell the difference (yet) but was it too much to give me the choice? Now I have a nice coaxial connection just sitting at home. I think this is the first time I upgrade but end up with less options.

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    The coaxial is also a digital connection... the 'digital' connection you refer to is actually called OPTICAL.

BUt yeah a few manufacturers choose one or the other. My toshiba for instance only has Coaxial...

3. Doug X

Doug X Extra

I found nice TOS optical cables at Target for $10. It's an optical line, so as long as basic connectivity is maintained, there is no point in spending money on an expensive cable.

4. Jerry_S

Jerry_S Auditioning

I bought a cable from Targert and a friend was ording some products from www.partsexpress.com. I noticed they had pretty good TOS link cables. I ended up ordering a couple with some other items. Shippping was around $8.50. They are fairly inexpensive and better than the one I received from Target.