What's new

Hugh Jackman stars in Oklahoma! tomorrow on PBS (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I saw the ad for this in today's USA Today, I can't wait to see it! The Seattle Times gave it a positive review.

Check your local listings for air times.

RafaelB

Second Unit
Oh, this is such a great film of the stage show, too!

(I've had the R2 DVD for more than a year and watch it ocassionally). The R1 DVD is supposedly came out on 11/18 and it's supposed to be 16x9, too!

:D

Rafael

PatrickL

Deceased Member
Hugh Jackman is sensational in this.

I've also had the R2 for a while. Can't imagine why that edition was panned and scanned, since this was clearly composed for 16x9. I picked up the newly released R1 last Tuesday and happily, it *is* widescreen.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Definitely will be worth checking out. Hugh Jackman clearly has what it takes to move beyond Wolverine and do just about anything - sing, dance, comedy, drama, action, you name it. And he doesn't let fame go to his head, either, he considers himself just a regular guy. Now that's cool in my book. :)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
WOW. Hugh Jackman was absolutely fabulous, I'd love to see him sing on the big screen.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
And he doesn't let fame go to his head, either, he considers himself just a regular guy. Now that's cool in my book.
While I'm sure that's true (He seems really down to Earth in interviews), Oklahoma was filmed in 1999, before Jackman was a super famous Hollywood star. Right now, Jackman is playing the gay Peter Allen on Broadway in the musical, The Boy From Oz.

I watched bits & pieces (I was taping it for someone else), but what I did see was really good (especially the performance of the title song). Trevor Nunn's Oklahoma is definitely OK!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
No HDTV, apparently.

Here's another review of the DVD by DVD Savant.

I just ordered the DVD from DeepDiscountDVD.com for only $14.63 after the new 20% off coupon code (see Coupons & Bargains forum).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks