What's new

Hugh Jackman producing & starring in Wolverine (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Don't blow this Hollywood! We can have an all-singing, all-dancing, Hugh Jackman starring, Hugh Jackman produced, Hugh Jackman written, and Hugh Jackman directed Wolverine movie!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
if there's no blood in this movie, (like the Xmen franchise) it could be very lame.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
You know I really dont have any interest - Wolverine has already had 3 movies.

This will have to be something really great to get me to see this in the theater.

Josh.C

Second Unit
Anyone know how this will play into the X-Men Franchise? Does this mean they are done with X-Men and are going to do Spin-Off's?

The ending of the XMEN Last Stand had us all believing that there was more in the tank for the XMEN Franchise.

I am guessing that Spin-off's such as "Wolverine" are only going to confuse the plot, and make it harder for future XMen movies.

I love the character of Wolverine, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to see him without his band of brothers and sisters.

JC

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'm pretty excited about this one, even if the first 3 X-Men movies kind of centered on Wolverine. I haven't read the script review because I don't want to see any spoilers whatsoever, but can anyone tell me if it sounds like they're doing an origin story? Or is it just going to be some random Wolvie adventure. It'd be kind of hard doing an origin story, seeing as how Marvel keeps coming up with a new one every few years. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think it would be a mistake to waste an entire film to rehash the origin story again. Much of the first two X-Men films focused at least partly on Wolverine's origin. Move on.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Well, that's just "Wolverine's" origins covered there, but Logan's story goes well beyond the whole Weapon X thing covered by the first two. I agree though, I don't care much for an origin story because that could get really convoluted. I'd like to see Wolverine throw down with the Silver Samurai myself. In fact, I think it would be for the best that this takes place during Logan's Japanese days, because that'd be pretty far removed from the X-Men series. At least it wouldn't feel like X-Men 3.5 or something.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

I think the tentative plan is to spin off Wolverine and Magneto into their own series and continue the core X-Men series with perhaps a bit of a different roster. Partially, it's likely due to scheduling concerns since it can be hard to juggle so much high profile talent into one window and also due to concerns that such talent have for screentime- you can bet Halle Barry is doing backflips over the prospect of Jackman being moved to his own series.

Never mind the fact that the budget will continue to skyrocket for each X-Men installment as the cast asks for more and more. Hell, according to Box Office Mojo, the budget for X3 jumped to $210 million (compared to $110 for X2) and the corresponding box office increase was much smaller.

Josh.C

Second Unit
Some of you comic book guru's help me out with this. Is there enough non X-men history with these two characters (Wolverine and Magneto) to do a new series of spin-off's? I'm no comic book historian, but I seem to recall Wolverine having his own comic book.

And if there is material, do other characters from the X-Men series have cameo's?, or is it and all new cast of characters?

Thanks,

JC

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

Wolverine has had his own comic since the mid-to-late 80's. IMO, most of the stories are crap but there's certainly a lot of material for the filmmakers to draw on and the fans to go see.

I'm more skeptical that there's really much there for Magneto. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but he's an antagonist to me. Great character but making a solo movie out of him is like ditching the Fantastic Four and doing a Dr. Doom solo movie.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
There's plenty of Wolverine material out there. I mean, he was born in the 19th century, fought in WW2, had all kinds of adventures in Japan. As for Magneto, the material is definately there. Especailly if they're going to go the origin route, because that's a pretty interesting story with his wife and his kids, if they want to go in that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks