What's new

Huge WTF? and translation needed. :) (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I think the video explains itself...well as much as it can.

Does anyone have any idea what this is actually for or what she is saying? And what on earth is with the nuts on that raccoon? :D

The Video

That "raccoon" you are referring to is called a raccoon dog, or in Japanese a tanuki. Unlike a raccoon, this animal is a member of the dog family.

The large testicles you mentioned are a representation of fertility and good fortune, and are said to be the source of its magical powers in Japanese folklore. The raccoon dog's large testicles are associated with wealth because the Japanese colloquial word for testicle is kindama, which means "golden ball." In Japanese mythology, the raccoon dog's scrotum can be enlarged to as much as eight tatami mats (one tatami is about 6'x3') and they play them like a drum.

Update: information from the Japan Seldom Asked Questions page.

http://www3.tky.3web.ne.jp/~edjacob/saq.html

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Anabukin-Chan! Wow, I thought I was the only one to ever really see this.

From what I understand from a website that used to host the video, the video is for some time of building contractor. Doesn't seem to get the point across that they wanna build homes or buildings in the video however.

Actually, I found the site that hosted the video, and they still do!

http://www.stinky.com/anabu/index.html

It's an ad for a construction company that builds "mansions", or large concrete-block style apartment buildings. The theme is Little Red Riding Hood. It seems (although I can't be positive) that the name for her in Japan is accidentally similar to the name of the company. (Company is Anabuki, LRRH is called Anabu-something.) It's possible, though, that they modified the name to make the ad plausible/cute. [A friend says it is called Ookami to Akazukin (wolf and red hood) in Japanese, I think."] The product they're advertising is a particular kind of Mansion, named "Saabasu Mansion." It could mean something, but I don't know what.
The site also has direct translation of the words in the videos.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I would have never guessed in a million years that that was for a construction company, let alone one that builds mansions.

Travis, Thanks a mil for finding the translation. Still makes zero sense, but at least I know what they are saying. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks