Huge difference from sub/sat to towers??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikePeroni, Apr 8, 2002.

1. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

Will going from my Energy Take 5.2 to towers finally make me happy?? Ive just found the Energys to be lacking some musically. I was looking at the PSB Image 4T, 8C center, and PSB Alpha Intro l/r rears. Any thoughts on PSB? Would Paradigms be better?

Will 5 channel surround modes be fine with large fronts and small rears like that?? Will the towers kick the Energys ass when it comes to music?? Also, why do so many people seem to go for bookshelfs when to me the towers have much better mid bass?? Any help would be great as I want to make the right decision this time!!

Mike

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Going from those small 3" drivers to any bookshelf/tower with larger drivers will make a world of difference. You will need a bigger badder sub though. I even noticed a good difference going from 5.25" sats to 5.25" bookshelfs. Same size driver but the enclosure allowed much better midbass into the system. Pair that with a good clean deep sub and you're all set!

3. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I went from little tiny Infinity sats,it was the hts-10 package to Klipsch towers up front,matching center and matcing book shelfs in the rear...upgraded the little 8" sub to a svs and wow,like listening with new ears.

4. JesseR

JesseR Stunt Coordinator

I can't say anythign is wrong with psb....I havent heard them yet (can't find a dealer close enough)......but I have heard paradigm and woudl recomend them....i plan on buying them or seeing if i can find a psb dealer so i can at least hear both....you might want to try that...and decide for yourself which is better....you'll probably get a pretty fair split on reccomendations from people