Huff Cancelled

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jace_A, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Jace_A

Jace_A Second Unit

2. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I have to admit, though, this show really went nowhere for me. I couldn't find a single character I cared for.

And the situation between Huff and his wife was so.. I'm trying to think of the right term. Hmm. Fake Yuppie Angst Mid-Life Pretentiousness?

I've never seen or met anyone like the characters in Huff, and if I had, I probably would have ran them out on a rail. Between the weird ball relationship with their kid and their relationship with each other. The show just didn't click.

I watched Huff and thought to myself: they canned "Dead Like Me" for this? Huff looks, based on actors, to be a very expensive drama. Right now, as far as shows go, Showtime has one that I really enjoy (Weeds); one which has fallen apart (The L Word).

They will be giving a try with a gritty drama in "The Brotherhood" this summer, but Showtime doesn't seem to have the ability to really stick with something and make it fly. I have to admit, I won't be sad to see Huff go, but there are several shows they have tried.. and then quit.

Hell, at this point, I wish they would resurrect "The Outer Limits" with more new episodes [​IMG]

3. Brian^K

Brian^K Supporting Actor

I think Showtime made the right choice here. Huff didn't warrant a third season. It just wasn't good enough. I feel they've done a great job with their original series. The L Word is excellent, and they're sticking with it through its fourth season, which is great. They've given Weeds a second season, and we're looking forward to that. They've even given Sleeper Cell a second season. And Dexter looks very promising.

4. BrianV

BrianV Stunt Coordinator

I loved the first season but grew bored with the second season.

They stopped exploring different doctor patient relationships, they completely changed bird's character without any real explanation, they threw as many characters as possible in to a pit of despair, and they stopped being funny.

5. JohnDG

JohnDG Stunt Coordinator

Exactly. I gave up after a couple of episodes.

Note: I would imagine Bird was slated to go the way of Teddy in season 3.

jdg

6. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale

I thought the exact same thing.

7. BrianV

BrianV Stunt Coordinator

I'd also noticed the Bird/Teddy connection, and there was some explicit connection made in one of the last episodes.

I should have been a little more clea. I didn't have a problem with Bird's character changing, I just didn't liek the way they did it, and how jarring they made it.