What's new

Hu$tle (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Has anyone been watching this? I kind of like ike it since I do like crime dramas and things shot on location in other countries although since this is a BBC production its not really "on location". The stories are pretty good and the characters are also pretty good... they do use the cheat of being "hookers with hearts of gold" so to speak. I haven't seen any buzz around here about it, maybe because its on AMC ?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'd heard about the show when it first aired in the U.K., and I was curious, especially when I learned that Robert Vaughn was in the cast and that it was written/created by Tony Jordan (who seems to be one of those "brand name" TV people, like Steven Bochco or David E. Kelley over here).

I'm finding it charming and amusing, not a serious bone in its body and barely an attempt at anything resembling credibility. I love how liberally the setups borrow from (and riff on) The Sting (to the point where one character finally said: "I haven't seen that done since The Sting!" :laugh: ). The cast is very appealing -- not just Vaughan, but Adrian Lester (who we haven't seen much of in the U.S. since Primary Colors) and Jaime Murray, who's gorgeous.

My favorite episode so far was the one with Tamzin Outhwaite as the bitter divorcee, not only because the plot was especially twisty, but because I know her from Eastenders and Red Cap, and this character was an interesting variation.

M.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
My wife and I are members of the Church of Hustle. We caught the first Americaside episode and have been hooked ever since. Derivative as it may be at times, the writing, wit and camaraderie of the cast make this a must see.

It's a real pressure releaser for a stressful week. Just ride it out and smile.

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
I have caught a few episodes on AMC (They have a deal with BBC America) and I like it. It stars Robert Vaughn and a group of british actors as con-artists.

Is anyone else familiar with the show, or if it is still in production?

EJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks