What's new

htr 5890 or pioneer 1015? (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think if you do a search on the two, there are a few threads comparing them. The theme seemed to be that the 5890 was a better unit in terms of power. I've used the 1014 and found it to be adequate but not spectacular in terms of power.

London Lawson

Second Unit
Ok I caled jr's and the 5890 is 499 shipped and the Pioneer is 399 shipped. The sales guys was saying the Yamaha is better.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much more real world power in the 5890. If it is a small room, or if you don't watch / listen at true reference type volume levels, there really would not be that much difference. The Yamaha is still a bit brighter than the Pioneer but nothing like the older Yamaha AVR's were.

JohnMurphy

Grip
"Well I just ordered the 5890 with a 2 year extended warrant and 2nd day air from JR's for 539"

Im fairly new here.
Can you please give me more info on JR's. Is there a web site? I have been pricing this amp and I would like to talk to him. Thank you . Murph

John S

Senior HTF Member
I think you will be impressed with the unit.

Build quality is really great for this price point in particular.

London Lawson

Second Unit
Well straight out of the box and using the auto setup, I am not more impressed with this than my old Kenwood vr7080. And supposedly the Yamaha is way better. It sounds great, but I am not more impressed. Hopefully this just ins't setup right.

Jongyoon Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I would imagine mid-low end receivers would sound pretty much the same, with exception of Harman Kardon or Marantz. At that price point it's pretty much about the number of features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks