What's new

HTR-5760 vs. RX-v650 (1 Viewer)

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
I have read that these recievers are very similar but i would really like to know what sets them apart? I am going to get one of these tonight and the only thing i have found to be different so far is a true zone 2 ability on the rx while the HTR has real YPAO where the Rx does not. I have sent yamaha an email but they have yet to reply. Any info would be great!

-Will Layfield

EmanuelG

Auditioning
The htr-5790 is more similar if im not mistaken. The htr-5760 does NOt have paraemic(sp) processing( the p in ypao), but the htr-5790 does, do a search you'll find more info.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Will,

You are essentially correct in the differences between the HTR-5760 and the RX-V650.

Emanuel,

The RX-V650 is more like the HTR-5760 than the HTR-5790.

Will-Layfield

Stunt Coordinator
so if i just buy a tool to set up the speakers manually then i really dont need ypao anyway correct?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Will,

No. Both the HTR-5760 and RX-V650 have YPAO, but it is a bit misleading on the part of Yamaha. With both of the receivers, a microphone will be included so you can use YPAO to set the speaker levels.

What is missing from the HTR-5760 and RX-V650 under YPAO is the parametric EQ. The equalizer can assist in making the sound better - depending on the speakers and environment the gear is used in.

I have the HTR-5760 and think it's a fine receiver. More than likely, you'll not miss the parametric EQ.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I tried the Parametric EQ, and while it's impressive in what it does, I noticed no discernable difference for my room conditions. So I returned the 5790, and got the 5760.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
Kevin...how does the sound compare (for movies and music) between the 5760 and 5790? Did you play with the THX processing at all?

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Chuck, I noticed very little difference between the 2 receivers at low to moderate listening levels. But when you start to really crank it loud, the 5790 holds together a little better. I got those results using those 2 receivers internal amps, but when using both as a pre/pro powered by my Adcom amp, there was absolutely, positivly no difference in sound at all. As far as THX Equaliztion goes, I can see the usefulness in it on some occasions, but personally, I never ever use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks