HTR-5760 remote question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JustinG, Sep 5, 2004.

1. JustinG

JustinG Stunt Coordinator

Have a quick question. As seeing how the remote documentation for this receiver is very sparse, 2 quick questions.

1. What does the double star button do?? It's up in the component control area.

2. I need a code for a General Instruments digital cable box that is on the Time Warner system in Houston. Maybe someone has a yamaha code for this type box. There are only a few codes for cable boxes and no General Instruments. There is a GI satellite box code but not for cable.

Thanks for the help. THis one is for my father in law. My 5760 arrives next week so Im playing with his. Hey, I did install it for him. [​IMG] I'm loving the receiver though. The YPAO setup was easy and seems to have done a pretty good job. I'm gonna check with my SPL later today.

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Page #60 of the manual for the 5760 indicates:

The ** button and input selector buttons switch the function of the component control area below.

* Use the ** button to control other components regardless of whether they are connected to this unit.

3. JustinG

wayne what does that mean though? Not connected how? Even without hitting the ** button, it works fine for other components. I'm more looking for an example of when it might be used.

And yeah, I did read that part of the manual. [​IMG]

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Justin, I guess I'm also confused by the functionality of the button. I noticed the button when I got my 5760, but never used it.

But, the way I see it, it's just a supplimental device button. Once you've set the remote up for your DVD player, CD player, TV, etc., you have an additional device button to setup another component. I might be wrong on this, but I guess it's the way that I interpret it.

5. JustinG

found out that GI is made by Jerrold. Code 0596 works for only power, direct number input and channel up/down.

6. JustinG

found out that GI bought Jerrold who was later bought by Motorola.

So, the motorola equiv looks to be the DCT2500. Now, I think remote codes are standardized in the industry, so if anyone could pass along any Motorola cable box codes, that would be cool.