HTPC + X1 = Wow!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by mckenzig, Dec 7, 2003.

1. mckenzig

mckenzig Extra

Hey Gang:
    Just finished building my HTPC and hooked it up to my InFocus X1, displaying a 100-inch diagonal screen. The guts of the box are a P4 3.2 GHz, 1 Gig 400 MHz RAM, 160 GB SATA Seagate( + 200 GB SATA Maxtor for PVR storage), Plextor 8x DVD+RW burner, etc.
    Once it was built, I hooked up my old Logitech MOMO Force wheel and dropped in the latest Need For Speed game. This is incredible. At 100-inches you feel like you're driving a real sports car at 200 mph down the road. I never realized driving games were this much fun until you see all that detail at life size. Amazing.
    I'm still not quite happy with the case as I went with the Antec Minuet, but the lid won't fit on because of the height of the Radeon 9600 Pro. I would like to get a cube-shaped case, but can't seem to find one available. I went with a wireless card for Internet, and it's working ouit just fantastic, too.
    Just thought I'd share.
    Cheers,
    Grant

2. PhilBoy

PhilBoy Second Unit

Which video connection ?

DVI ? Component ? RGB ?

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Glad you love it, I plan to go either X1 or Plus Paino HE3100 this Christmas. One question: can you watch DVD via the DVI output to the projector and use the VGA output to browse the net on a monitor? Can the dual-head work like that?

edit- just realized X1 doesn't have DVI, but let's say you were using the DVI > VGA adapter.. could you still do 2 things at once?

4. mckenzig

mckenzig Extra

Yeah, you can do two things without problem. I no longer have the second monitor hooked up as this isn't a "working" computer but more of a plaything fr games, PVR, etc.
    I'm hooked up just using the regular monitor cable between the Radeon 9600 Pro and the X1.
    Cheers,
    Grant