What's new

HTPC + X1 = Wow! (1 Viewer)

mckenzig

Grip
Hey Gang:
Just finished building my HTPC and hooked it up to my InFocus X1, displaying a 100-inch diagonal screen. The guts of the box are a P4 3.2 GHz, 1 Gig 400 MHz RAM, 160 GB SATA Seagate( + 200 GB SATA Maxtor for PVR storage), Plextor 8x DVD+RW burner, etc.
Once it was built, I hooked up my old Logitech MOMO Force wheel and dropped in the latest Need For Speed game. This is incredible. At 100-inches you feel like you're driving a real sports car at 200 mph down the road. I never realized driving games were this much fun until you see all that detail at life size. Amazing.
I'm still not quite happy with the case as I went with the Antec Minuet, but the lid won't fit on because of the height of the Radeon 9600 Pro. I would like to get a cube-shaped case, but can't seem to find one available. I went with a wireless card for Internet, and it's working ouit just fantastic, too.
Just thought I'd share.
Cheers,
Grant

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Glad you love it, I plan to go either X1 or Plus Paino HE3100 this Christmas. One question: can you watch DVD via the DVI output to the projector and use the VGA output to browse the net on a monitor? Can the dual-head work like that?

edit- just realized X1 doesn't have DVI, but let's say you were using the DVI > VGA adapter.. could you still do 2 things at once?

mckenzig

Grip
Yeah, you can do two things without problem. I no longer have the second monitor hooked up as this isn't a "working" computer but more of a plaything fr games, PVR, etc.
I'm hooked up just using the regular monitor cable between the Radeon 9600 Pro and the X1.
Cheers,
Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks