What's new

HTPC sync issue with CRT proj (1 Viewer)

I am running a Sony 1270Q with a HTPC and am unable to completely get rid of some vertically scrolling horizontal stripes that vary in speed and number with various resolutions and timings (ranges from 'flicker' to a single line across the screen that takes approx 30 seconds to go from bottom to top). They are least obtrusive (but still not watchable to me) at 640x480 60hz.

SVideo input does not have this issue from my Dish Sat.

I have tried to hook up the video card straight to the CRT (HD15 to 5 BNC cable) and got the same results as using an extron box (model #440i I think) to convert to 5 BNC and running 5 BNC to the PJ out of extron...

Some more details:
Win 98SE
P4 1.5g
512 MB ram
PowerDVD 4.0
ATI Radeon 7500
Maudio 410 Sound Card (at least this works great)
Intel D850GB mobo

I have tried MANY resolution and timing combinations in powerstrip. None of them has cured this problem. I have experimented with all timing and signal variables available to me in powerstrip (at least under the display options... configure... custome timing... tabs). No joy (literally).

I have tried this on two 1270Q's with the same results (to rule out input card problems I hope).

Looking for enlightened input on this (hopefully from someone who has experienced this and solved it...)

Thanks in advance,
Charles

I ran an extension cord for the PJ to the same outlet as the PC and it went away immediately. Funny thing is, I was just doing some testing with a temporary set up (I have three 1270's and was trying to figure out which one to bolt to the ceiling), and had factored this into the design of my permanent installation (dedicated circuit for PJ and PC with same length / gauge run of romex to breaker box for a dedicated audio circuit to the same ground terminal) but totally ignored it in the test setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks