What's new

HTPC ideas (1 Viewer)

Razz2o4

Agent
Real Name
Josh Rasmussen
Not even sure where to start. I had planned on doing this about a year ago, but my wife and I had just moved to NC and I was having a hard time finding work. Finally working with a great job, and am ready to look at a build. I am hoping to be able to back up my 3D movies and be able to HDMI this straight to my reciever which takes the video up to the TV. What can some of you guys recommend for a setup. This will all be wired up, not running wireless fyi.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ok, so you're looking at something that would handle MKV3D. Flat out, you really only have one viable option right now, and that's MS Media Center. Your next questions are: how much are you wanting to store (to figure out whether you can do this in the living room or if you want a client and a network storage device) and next how you want them organized.

I'd tell you to give a good look to mediabrowser.tv .. and mymovies.name

Razz2o4

Agent
Real Name
Josh Rasmussen
I plan on storing this in my living room right next to my reciever. Will probably run two 2TB HD's to start and a small 74GB Velociraptor to run the OS. Possibly a SSD. I'm just as curious as what hardware to run, as I am software. What type of Video card would you recommend and how do I get video and sound through the same HDMI into the reciever, or is it not possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks