What's new

HTM MX-500 and PVR (1 Viewer)

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Anyone here using a mx-500 setup to control their pvr?

I am thinking about picking one of these up in the near future but want to be sure it will control my Dish Network PVR-501 with no problems. I want it to control all functions of the PVR (30 sec skip, rewind, pause ect) It would be nice to have the buttons in a similar location as my Dish remote. From the look of the remote there are several buttons around the center of the remote that may work well.

I could blame these needs on the wife but I too like the layout of the Dish remote. It is very easy to use.

Any comments on setup of the MX-500 would be great. Better yet are there codes built in for the Dish PVR-501?

Thanks

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
I use the mx-500 for the 501 and it works just fine. I use the buttons on the left and right of the play button for the skip ahead and back. You're going to want to use the aux code and just learn all the buttons from your original remote. That way you can set it up just the way you want it.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I got an MX-500 last weekend. I love it. But shell out the extra money and get it with the IRCLONE-MX, you can get the pair at a reduced price from surfremotecontrol.com . Well worth it for programming the remote on the computer and backing up your remote to a file. You can copy and paste functions from one button to another, etc.

I only found one drawback and that is that the backlight does not light unless you press the backlight button. I got and programmed a cheap RCA universal for my Mom last month, and it worked that whenever you pressed any key, the backlight came on. I wish the MX-500 could do this. But still well worth the bucks.

MikeSRC

Second Unit
I think you'll find that as you get used to using the MX-500, you'll use the backlight less and less as you can find buttons by touch. I've been using either an MX-500, 700 or 800 for over three years now and I use the backlight about once a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks