HTIB with Logic 7?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John A. Casler, Apr 1, 2002.

1. John A. Casler

John A. Casler Second Unit

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

Looks like a great deal!

I wonder what HK rec that is....

3. John A. Casler

Probably a AVR-120 with "inflated" wattage numbers. (we know HK wouldn't publish numbers that outrages)

Also of note, is they made the receiver with 6 channels of amplification and the Sub is now passive, so the 6th channel drives the sub.

The preceding model (last year) had 5 channels and a powered sub. I was told that was to get the price down.

The 5 dvd changer is a stripped down HK also and has component video out.

John Casler

4. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

I have a very similiar system to this HTB. I've got a yamaha receiver (htr-5440), JBL scs135si speaker set, and a toshiba 5 disc dvd player (sd-2705). Not only did I get better quality components than this HTB (except for the speakers which are the same, I also payed less than $650 for everything. By the way, the scs135si set sounds wonderful.

5. John A. Casler

6. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

My system does lack logic 7 and pro logic 2 by that matter. But, I prefer 5 channel stereo. I've tried out the older JBL cinema pro pack 600. It also has logic 7. It sounded good, but the components were all a cheap plastic and the sub lacked a volume control and any inputs other than the LFE (I understand the new one has high level inputs). By HTB standards the package is top notch, but when compared to components bought separately they seem less impressive. I like my system because the components are built very well and allow for a lot of tweaking.