What's new

htib use with other sources (1 Viewer)

riffraff

Auditioning
Real Name
stephanie martyn
hi. can anyone help. i have bought a bush 1000w 5.1 home cinema system dvd player. it works great watching dvds but i would like to hook up sky + box and ps3 through. the system is a dvd/reciever combined unit that goes to a sub woofer which then connects to the 5 speakers. model no DVD???CTC the tv only has optical audio output. LG i have tried sky+ box using rca to rca and can get sound through 2 front speakers but not all 5. i have purchased an digital optical converter to coaxial as tv, sky box and ps3 have digityal optical output but dvd/reciever only has scart,rca and coaxial connections. i cannot get any sound through the system at all going from optical on tv, sky or ps3 to coaxial on reciever. neither can i get sound going coaxial to coaxial from sky box to reciever. i have tried fiddling with the audio settings on the tv and on the sky with no result i am very new to all this and only sound as clued up as this due to the hours of scrawling the internet trying to make my husbands xmas gift worthwhile as we dont actually watch many films on DVD, mostly through sky on demand etc. any help gratefully recieved.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Model number of this HTiB? If it doesn't have an optical input(digital coax or toslink) and your only choice is RCA(red/white)...then you have to use DPL...if it has it.

riffraff

Auditioning
Real Name
stephanie martyn
Model no cht101dvd. It has coax input but not optical. Dont know what dpl is. i dont have the remote for this system. Is it likely to be a button I need to preset on there to switch source although it automatically changes to rca input without using remote but only 2 speakers work

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks