HTIB purchase help

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by John Dickerson, Jan 7, 2004.

1. John Dickerson

I've been shopping around for about a month for a HT for my bedroom. I have a budget of about $400. I originally planned on buying a Yamaha home theater but the other night I came across a refurbed Onkyo Ht-S760 system on ecost.com for about $340. Has anyone had any problems before with refurbed products? It comes with a one year warranty so I think I might be in good shape. The only problem I have is the shipping is $140! Does anyone know a website where I can purchase this product for the same price but cheaper shipping? Also if you have any other suggestions about any other systems I should check out please let me know, remember I only have a budget of $400.

Thanks

2. Daniel De

Daniel De Agent

Well the 340+140 = 480. I purchased the same system new from a local CompUSA for 499. For a difference of 19 I got a new unit that will be serviced locally, if needed, and did not have to make arrangements to meet a shipper for delivery.

I will also add the Onkyo is a very good system for the money. I did a lot of research and listened to quite a few systems before I made a decision.

3. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

4. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Fry's, if there is one near you, had the 760 for $399 and the 660 (5.1) for $299 last weekend. They usually have follow-up sales at the same price or cheaper until the stuff is gone. Gene