What's new

HTIB purchase help (1 Viewer)

I've been shopping around for about a month for a HT for my bedroom. I have a budget of about $400. I originally planned on buying a Yamaha home theater but the other night I came across a refurbed Onkyo Ht-S760 system on ecost.com for about $340. Has anyone had any problems before with refurbed products? It comes with a one year warranty so I think I might be in good shape. The only problem I have is the shipping is $140! Does anyone know a website where I can purchase this product for the same price but cheaper shipping? Also if you have any other suggestions about any other systems I should check out please let me know, remember I only have a budget of $400.

Thanks

Daniel De

Agent
Well the 340+140 = 480. I purchased the same system new from a local CompUSA for 499. For a difference of 19 I got a new unit that will be serviced locally, if needed, and did not have to make arrangements to meet a shipper for delivery.

I will also add the Onkyo is a very good system for the money. I did a lot of research and listened to quite a few systems before I made a decision.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Fry's, if there is one near you, had the 760 for $399 and the 660 (5.1) for $299 last weekend. They usually have follow-up sales at the same price or cheaper until the stuff is gone. Gene

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks