What's new

HTIB for the Bedroom - Please help (1 Viewer)

Steve Kariya

Auditioning
I want to purchase a HTIB for my bedroom. I will be playing DVD, MP3, and CD-RW on it. My only other real requirement is that it is not too large. I want to have some space left over on my nightstand.

I found one model by panasonic (SC-MT1) that looks fairly small but have not seen any feedback. Are there others out there that would be suitable? As everyone seems to agree, the Bose systems do not represent decent value for $$ but they are just about the closest thing to what I am looking for that I can find (could never spend that much coin though).

Any recommnendations?

Thanks

Steve,

check out the Yamaha Cinema series. They are about the same size as the BOSE units but about a $1000 cheaper. I just purchased the YHT340 which appears to have pretty small satelites. I'll let you know how it performs when i recieve it next week.

Steve Kariya

Auditioning
Great. Thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing your feedback once you get it setup and have time to play with it.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
When asking for specific HTiB model recommendations, please post here in A/V Sources. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level, not specific model recommendations (read the notice at the top of the section's thread-listing page). Thanks!

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Steve,

Two of us HTF'ers just bought the same Pioneer HTiB and are very happy with it. Check out our discussion here.

Peace,

DM

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I have a friend who recently got a Panasonic HTIB for his small one bedroom apartment and I was very impressed when I heard it. Very nice, and everything was all in one tiny unit. My brother Pat has a Sony Dream system and that is an extremely sweet little setup also, but I don't know if it plays MP3s. I'm sure he doesn't care because he's got a home studio with B&W DM601S2s in the same room that he can jam MP3s on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks