What's new

HTIB blend with additinal receiver (1 Viewer)

Real Name
dave
Hi, so I have this home theater in a box 7.1 setup and was wondering if it would work to add another receiver to it. My receiver is a htib hybrid receiver bluray player/receiver and all my speakers plug directly into it(the model is samsung ht-d6730w). The center channel that was provided with it doesn't fully cut it. in a few instances I noticed the front surround effects drowing out the dialogue coming from the center channel a bit. I have already modified the db setting etc same thing. What I'm wondering is if its possible to use the htib hdmi out to go into another receiver that has just a center channel in it and then use the hdmi out from that to go back to projector. So htib has all speakers plugged into it..then have hdmi cable running from its out to another receiver in port..then from that receivers out port to projector. I'm just wondering if this would work? It would give me an extra center channel that I can control without having to control the entire system sound.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
What I'm wondering is if its possible to use the htib hdmi out to go into another receiver that has just a center channel in it and then use the hdmi out from that to go back to projector.
It depends on what actually comes out of that system....it has a built in blu-ray player and internal processing....If it has a pass-through out of its HDMI port (both video and audio) - then you may be able to use this system as a blu-ray component, and go to an external receiver...and then have that receiver decode the sound information and amplify the signal to the center channel - then send the video signal to the display...
I tried looking around to see what actually comes out of the HDMI output of this system - but even if this actually provides all of the information without doing any modification on the signal, then you are going to be running into volume/sound mix issues. What happens to the HDMI digital audio signal level when the volume on the HTIB is modified - will it change accordingly, or stay at the same level, and allow for the external amp to adjust the volume? You will be constantly changing both volume controls, and probably not like the results...
You have run into one of the problems with HTIB systems - there is not much flexibility with an all in one system...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks