What's new

HTIAB Advice - Selling Home (and Theatre!) (1 Viewer)

Indeed, it was on this forum that I learned everything it took to build my home theatre a long, long time ago (well, 3 1/2 years ago). It's become the envy of my friends, but alas, my family needs a bit more room, so we're building a new home.

See the photos a bit down the list here - http://www.yourwaukeshahome.com/photogallery.htm

Anyway, when prospective buyers look at our home, I always have the Home Theatre fired up. I also have a little sheet that describes how to use the scene lighting so they can give that a whirl.

Anyhow, everybody that looks at the place wants to know if everything is included. I'm ok with the projector and the iScan line doubler going, but everything else I'm a bit hesitant about. The audio is built around an Onkyo 797 THX receiver and Paradigm speakers all around. The sub is 15" unit built by a local place many years ago - it's powered by an old Yamaha integrated amp.

Yes, the stuff is cobbled together, but I cobbled it together. I'm a bit attached. I also know I won't have a bunch of money to spend on gear when we get into the new house - window treatments, you know.

So, the question is: how do I build a Home Theatre System on-the-cheap that can go with the house? Let's say the projector and double stay. The sub can also stay, too. I can throw in my old DVD player, too. So, we need a AV receiver and speakers. What's nice is that I can hide everything behind my built-in wall grates.

So, what AV receiver/HTIAB/speakers should I install? Cheap!

Kris

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Are you in Waukesha Wisconsin? I know this is way off topic, but I'm looking for a ranch home in Waukesha. As you can probably tell by my signature I wouldn't need any equipment. Email me directly. I may be interested in the entire package. House included!...

Steve

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I would throw in the entire equipment package, but at a premium - add say a couple or few thousand to the "base price" of the house.

Make certain that your spouse and all dependants understand that you WILL spend that many dollars on HT gear for the new house. then you can have fun making a new, better system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks