What's new

Directors HTF Tournament: Reviving the Icons of Cinema (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
That one minute difference means that I still have a second. Now if someone would just nominate Griffith.

JenB

Screenwriter
Nominate:

Jim Morrison

Second:

Walt Disney-Tough decision-I also strongly considered seconding Laurel and Hardy

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I already used my nom, but if anyone else is trying to think of one, might I suggest Bernard Herrmann?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I second
Bernard Herrmann
even though Rob nominated him.....

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Everything duly noted.

Uh, Rob Tomlin has used up his noms and seconds, but he's more than welcome to get somebody else to come in and get the nom and the second. I don't mind that in my own tourneys.

But I must admit, Hermann is a good choice.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guess I still have my second.

Way to go Tomlin. Having trouble counting to one? :p)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm holding off on JenB's nomination of Jim Morrison, because I'm quite unsure of the singer's contributions to cinema.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
I'm holding off on JenB's nomination of Jim Morrison, because I'm quite unsure of the singer's contributions to cinema.
How about music for The Doors, The Lost Boys, Apocalypse Now, etc??:angry: :thumbsdown: If Herrman can get in then so damm well can Morrison!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Well, Ric, I think the point was that this stuff was not made for movies, where Herrmann's was. I don't know if that makes a difference to Dome, but I guess to me it does.

If that is qualification, we should include every classical composer who ever lived, they have had a lot more music in soundtracks than Morrison.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Well, if we're gonna be sticklers,

In 1968, Jim Morrison played a dramatic acting part in the film Machine Gun McCain, opposite John Cassavetes and Peter Falk. He played the character of "Joby Cudo".

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
In 1968, Jim Morrison played a dramatic acting part in the film Machine Gun McCain, opposite John Cassavetes and Peter Falk. He played the character of "Joby Cudo".
Ah, the wonders of the IMDB! :D
I've gotta agree that Morrison really doesn't belong in this tourney. One film role ain't enough to do it. Sorry Jen and Ric, I realize you must dig Morrison, but seriously... :)

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Well, how about some more noms or something? Herrmann obviously has the required support, it's just that everyone has already used up their one nom.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Sheesh, I keep thinking of more I want to nominate. How about John Cassavetes? Or Divine? Edie Sedgwick? Robin Harris?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks