What's new

Directors HTF Tournament: Reviving the Icons of Cinema (1 Viewer)

Rand

Supporting Actor
Looks like no more easy choices from here on.
Alfred Hitchcock
James Stewart
Humphrey Bogart
David Lean

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Bracket Two, Round Five
North
Alfred Hitchcock
vs.
South
James Stewart
East
Orson Welles
vs.
West
David Lean
Cutoff: March 26, 2003; 08:00pm EST
Opinion: The first Final Four matchup is one from hell, that's for sure. They were both part of what is argubly Hitchcock's masterpiece Vertigo. Could you imagine somebody else directing it besides Hitchcock, or could somebody else play Scottie?
The last one is easy: David Lean.
In case of a tie: I'm breaking it in favor of Hitchcock and David Lean.

Rand

Supporting Actor
Both of these are very tough, since the quality is about even I'm going with who I think would give us more quantity.
James Stewart
Orson Welles

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Had an interesting past two days. This past Tuesday, I saw somebody die for the first time. It was an old lady, about 87 I think. And this was one of those old-fashioned women who had lots of kids during their younger days. I think she had about ten children. About five of them were around her at the time. After the moment, three of them cried their hearts out while two stood solemnly by.
And today, I got to visit the newborn ward where I got to carry a baby for the first time. I'm so scared that I can't even cradle my own cat in my own arms :b . But it was neat though. Those tikes are so small.
Talk about a complete circle of life and death. I've got other strange coinkydinks in my life, but that's just one of them.
I could probably tell you some more interesting stuff I saw in the hospital ER, but that's for other days.
Alfred Hitchcock wins
Orson Welles wins
Bracket Two, Final Round
Alfred Hitchcock
vs.
Orson Welles
Cutoff: March 28, 2003; 10:00pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members