What's new

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Such a shame, RSM posted this on Facebook. It’s unwatchable for me and the wife so it will sit on my shelf now.
IMG_1975.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1974.png
    IMG_1974.png
    794.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Too bad about Sing 2. The problem was with "on-screen text" in only one eye. Is that the captions? Or something like the credits?

I could tolerate the credits, but I can see how it would be maddening for a person needing the captions.

If RSM still has copies, they should offer them for sale at a discount with a disclaimer. I'd likely buy one.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Here in the heart of Manhattan, I have just sampled my freshly arrived Robot Monster disc -- both the stereoscopic and anaglyph versions.

In both formats... if your original frame of reference (like mine) was the old Rhino VHS and/or the random SBS 3D boot, then, to quote Walter Pidgeon from a slightly bigger-budgeted '50s sci-fi epic:

Prepare your minds for a new scale of physical scientific values.” :)

All I can say is, just Wow.

I also enjoyed a sampling of the supplements, including Gregory Moffett's fun interview.

As for the movie, as noted, I've only sampled a bit of it... enough to experience the wow factor. I am saving my full home viewing until after the June 24 theatrical experience at NYC's Dolby Theater (if you haven't already, get your tix now!).

I cannot... yet... I must!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Too bad about Sing 2. The problem was with "on-screen text" in only one eye. Is that the captions? Or something like the credits?

I could tolerate the credits, but I can see how it would be maddening for a person needing the captions.

If RSM still has copies, they should offer them for sale at a discount with a disclaimer. I'd likely buy one.

They did post a followup that essentially said they were trying to arrange that possibility.
Not sure if or when, but that very likely could be a Sony call whether the leftover already printed items would be allowed to sell

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Well we gave Sing 2 another shot yesterday, I closed my right eye when the text/writing issue reared it’s head which is quite frequent in the first part of the movie. However it happens less the more time goes on. The film was better than I remembered, to the point where it’s as good as the first one for me, the 3D is excellent and just brings it alive. I’m almost colour blind with the intensity and myriad of colours on show through out!.
I’m just glad I gave this another go and thank you to RSM for making this available for us 3D enthusiasts

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
WOW!!! Don't let any naysayers say the movie is okay...it's AWESOME. Just a couple of things, crank it up, it's Disney. It starts out a little flat, then it it's perfect 3D the rest of the movie. It wouldn't be bad to watch it over 2 nights. I wish I had a larger pj screen for more immersion.

Other than that, it's a gem of a 3D movie. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:

1687478155240.png

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
WOW!!! Don't let any naysayers say the movie is okay...it's AWESOME. Just a couple of things, crank it up, it's Disney. It starts out a little flat, then it it's perfect 3D the rest of the movie. It wouldn't be bad to watch it over 2 nights. I wish I had a larger pj screen for more immersion.

Other than that, it's a gem of a 3D movie. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:

View attachment 188632
What's your thoughts regarding the theater 3D verses the home 3D.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

View attachment 188632
If you don't mind asking, what is the size of your screen?

I'm at 142", but have to downsize to 135" max to make it fit another room I'm going to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation240
    Recent bookmarks