What's new

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just as a teaser -- RSM updated their FB page apparently with a 'clue' hinting at 3 new 3D items

With their relationship with Universal and the snippets of what appear to be poster colors -- best guess for now is Minions 2, Sing 2, and The Bad Guys. Better news is that increases the possibility for at least Puss In Boots 2 later which is by consensus the best of those 4.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Glad they're still working to bring out more 3D. Unfortunately I already have blu-rays of all those and am not sure I liked any of them well enough to double-dip for 3D. Maybe Sing 2.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Pardon my density, but who is RSM? Sorry, but members here throw these acronyms out all the time assuming we all know what they stand for. If "RSM" have a 3D deal with Uni, I would personally like to see JAWS (1975) released, since the studio didn't bother to give us a release themselves in spite of the wildly great reviews.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Pardon my density, but who is RSM? Sorry, but members here throw these acronyms out all the time assuming we all know what they stand for. If "RSM" have a 3D deal with Uni, I would personally like to see JAWS (1975) released, since the studio didn't bother to give us a release themselves in spite of the wildly great reviews.

Small Company -- Random Space Media out of Australia who released the last Jumanji, last Jurassic World, the latest Spider-man and several others basically as worldwide exclusives. They also sell through Amazon Marketplace in the US as PrimeDVD (even ordering through their website other than their first release I think most US and CA customers reported shipping via a domestic Amazon Warehouse instead of slow/slower/slowest from AUS

Their list of 3D discs -- not all are exclusives but most are

Preliminary info now says May 10 -- not live yet and Amazon usually is weeks later than the direct site. Jurassic World didn't go live until after the official release date. Presumed it was to wait for stock to get to the US warehouses instead of tens of upset customers wanting to know why it hadn't shipped yet

The banner on the website shows these

Minions_2_3D_1296x.png

Sing_2_3D_1296x.png

The_Bad_Guys_3D_1296x.png

Last edited:

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I read somewhere that for a major studio to release a 3D blu is an addition 10 mill. That seems ridiculous knowing what the independents have been able to accomplish with a fraction of that. Might Universal be holding off for a Christmas release? Or maybe a release at the same time should Avatar get a 3D disc.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I read somewhere that for a major studio to release a 3D blu is an addition 10 mill.

Authoring a Blu-ray 3D disc from an existing digital 3D master does not cost $10 million.

Converting a 2D film to 3D at the quality level expected for a major studio theatrical release, that’s what can cost about $10 million.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Possibly, but it seems like a holiday release of Jaws 3D would have been last year if that's what they wanted.

And as Josh says, I think the big cost is the conversion of the film itself, not replicating the discs.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
1677905288134.png

Post 3D...it was okay, not great but a keeper...Region free, with English. Didn't know what the hell was going on. Luckily, I have the first moive on DVD, which I didn't remember I had, so I'm going to watch that tomorrow. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:

EDIT: Just watched the DVD of ALONE IN THE DARK ('05) and it was pretty damn good! Filled in what 2 was about. Damn good video wise, with DTS 6.0 sound and in WS. The only odd ball thing it had really bright colors. Had to watch it in my B&W video setting.

$4.00 on Amazon for the DVD.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Small Company -- Random Space Media out of Australia who released the last Jumanji, last Jurassic World, the latest Spider-man and several others basically as worldwide exclusives. They also sell through Amazon Marketplace in the US as PrimeDVD (even ordering through their website other than their first release I think most US and CA customers reported shipping via a domestic Amazon Warehouse instead of slow/slower/slowest from AUS

Preliminary info now says May 10 -- not live yet and Amazon usually is weeks later than the direct site. Jurassic World didn't go live until after the official release date. Presumed it was to wait for stock to get to the US warehouses instead of tens of upset customers wanting to know why it hadn't shipped yet

Minions_2_3D_1296x.png

Sing_2_3D_1296x.png

Thanks for the great info Dave!!! :drum::3dglasses:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

Minions_2_3D_1296x.png

Sing_2_3D_1296x.png

Dave, since they are going for $33 each, what would the shipping be to the USA?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave, since they are going for $33 each, what would the shipping be to the USA?

I think it's flat rate $15 AUS now for the 3 of them, $9.95 AUS for a single -- $10USD instead of 7USD.
Exchange rate is a bit under 0.67 I think currently and I can't for the life of me remember if they charge now or near shipment

The other forum said they were getting around $82-83USD shipped for the 3 pack.
Ostensibly it will be FS at Amazon, but it will almost always end up costing more since the item price will likely be higher and add sales tax

The last few items haven;t even had a preorder at Amazon until te discs were either in the warehouse or well on their way so 1-2 weeks after the official AUS release date. US orders direct via RSM were often shipped via the Amazon warehouse several days to a week before Amazon orders shipped of in the last disc even up for order

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Yes, there are parameters sure:
I have a $ per month to spend
my wife who sets that
I've decided to hold off buying for awhile until new ones come out, like the 3 from Australia,
no more old stock

I hope to stick to that physiology, however lame it may seen. Saving my money for a larger screen for my HT. Want to go to a 135" from a 110".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks