What's new

3D Vision

Auditioning
Real Name
Dean
There hasn't been total silence. They are considering our request but things take time with the amount of red tape that one typically encounters at an international archive. Plus many staffers are still working remotely.

I would never delay a project for years. We have a back-up plan and RM will be released by early 2023, at the very latest.

While ROBOT MONSTER was initially expected for March 2022 release, JACK AND THE BEANSTALK was originally announced for July 2021 and that just shipped to the Kickstarter backers last week.

In short, have patience and confidence!
Thanks, Bob! I was under the impression that there was no response from them. This is good news. I’ll be patient and I sure appreciate all you’re doing for 3d fans! 👍

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
1658171889166.png

But Bob's on the list. :D

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Haha. I'm almost a 3D collector. I have definitely bought 3D films that I wouldn't in a million years have watched in 2D, but certainly nowhere near all of them. I did spring for the AQUAMAN, yesterday, a film I wouldn't in a million years watch in 2D. It's coming, tomorrow. I read some really great stuff about the 3D, so I'm anxious to see it. Besides, it's not every film that has a sea monster, or whatever it is, voiced by Julie Andrews!

Yeah, I was definitely impressed with the 3D for "Aquaman" when I saw it theatrically, and as I mentioned, if it'd kept the variable aspect ratio for the 3D, I'd have plunged.

But "compromised" AR and movie I don't think is great = I'll stick with the 4K when - if? - I watch it again.

I already own more discs than I'll ever be able to watch. Doesn't make sense to drop $10 for something just to "prove" I'm a 3D collector! 🤨

daver812

Grip
Real Name
Dave
Haha. I'm almost a 3D collector. I have definitely bought 3D films that I wouldn't in a million years have watched in 2D, but certainly nowhere near all of them. I did spring for the AQUAMAN, yesterday, a film I wouldn't in a million years watch in 2D. It's coming, tomorrow. I read some really great stuff about the 3D, so I'm anxious to see it. Besides, it's not every film that has a sea monster, or whatever it is, voiced by Julie Andrews!
I love my 3D blu rays. Currently have over 200 discs :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
People starting to receive their Doctor Strange Multiverse 3D from Amazon.Jp

So far the reviews seem pretty positive. No nWave level 3D, but compared to most Marvel/Disney it seems to be upper tier.

Shipments of Spider-man No Way Home 3D for AUS are starting to be dispatched around the world. 1st Report tonight of an Australian who confirms the disc is Region B Locked I dont thing he's had a chance to watch yet.
RSM usually has often drop shipped their US orders from US warehouses, but Amazon's listing is not yet active. Often they haven't activated the orders until their warehouses have received stock so hopefully in teh next couple days.

Placeholder Amazon listing Spider-man No Way Home 3D (Region B Locked)

or direct from RSM
$46AUD shipped to US after the 10% AUS GST is removed (a bit less than $32USD using a FOREX free CC)
RSM website has most of their 3d titles 30% off for another few dya if you want to combine shipping -- I think No Way Home and Spider-verse are the only 2 not eligible for the extra discount

Random Space Media 3D List

I order NWH and Boss Baby 2 a couple days ago, but not gotten dispatch notice yet.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Amazon appears to be having a sale on a number of UK 3D releases from Disney/Marvel, if you're missing any:

https://www.amazon.com/deal/8cec7943?ref=dlx_deals_gd_dcl_img_5_8cec7943_dt_sl15_6b

It's been my experience that these are all region-free except for Ratatouille, which was listed there yesterday but I don't see it today.

The Region B RATATOUILLE 3D disc is a disappointment. The post-conversion from Pixar is rather lifeless compared to their earlier discs. I was hoping they'd get around to converting the last three titles (up until then) that hadn't been processed for 3D: A BUG'S LIFE, WALL-E and THE INCREDIBLES.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
The Region B RATATOUILLE 3D disc is a disappointment. The post-conversion from Pixar is rather lifeless compared to their earlier discs. I was hoping they'd get around to converting the last three titles (up until then) that hadn't been processed for 3D: A BUG'S LIFE, WALL-E and THE INCREDIBLES.
Ratatouille is very good in 3D especially when things move to the restaurant, I remember watching this once in 2d and my wife and I both agreed to stop and put the 3D disc on to continue.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Got my shipping notice today from Random Space for the 3D's of Spider-Man: NWH, Dolittle, and Boss Baby 2.

This will be a test to see if I can get the all-region hack to work again on my Panasonic player for NWH. I was able to do it once before, with a Region B locked blu-ray from the UK, though it's been a while and I don't recall exactly how I did it.

Seems like it was relatively simple, something like just pressing Stop or Top Menu when you get the "region error" message, then pressing play. Will have to Google it again. :3dglasses:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
1 or 2 people have tried it on Panasonics with NWH with no success reported. The bypass is pretty simple though doesn't always work the first time. The usual -= Wait for the Region Lock screen or for the disc to stop after trying to play -- press stop and then TOP Menu. Sometimes I've ended up pressing the TOP MENU a couple extra times if the disc doesn't load or eject it and start over.

Some encryption doesn't allow the Bypass to work -- it's more the disc than the player. Disneys seem to never work, Arrows and Criterions almost always work (the latter is from the EU/UK folks playing US Criterions). A couple of locked Network, E-One or BBC seemed to work if I remember though BBC is usually Region Free

Ballpark -- do you remember you Order Number? Mine was very late preorder (Mon or Tues pre-release) above 3200 and so far hasn't shipped. As best as I can tell, the dispatch notices seem to be in the general order they were placed with some regional differences.
RSM had messaged folks on their FB site (I think) that they 2nd stocing was coming in or very soon to be delivered so they reopened orders on their site. I don't think Amazon has yet to allow any direct orders though. It probably doesn't matter a lot since RSM orders are being shipping/distributed by US (and CA) Amazon Warehouses it seems. Most people don't seem to be getting Tracking Numbers in the emails (if they get dispatch emails at all), but the tracking has shown up in the USPS Informed Delivery sites and some have emailed RSM asking for the number if they can't find it. If you ordering multiple items, they are frequently being sent in separate packages from different warehouses -- hard to contain a little disappointment when your Boss Baby 3D or HT3 shows up by itself instead of the main event

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ballpark -- do you remember you Order Number? Mine was very late preorder (Mon or Tues pre-release) above 3200 and so far hasn't shipped. As best as I can tell, the dispatch notices seem to be in the general order they were placed with some regional differences.
My order number was in the early 2900's. I placed mine a few months back and it's been waiting to ship until the release of NWH on 8/10.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
High 2000's is one of the higher numbers I've heard so it's progress. I think the earliest preorders were 1800 or so.

I did read a couple people who ordered from Sanity have received theirs, not sure about any of the JBHiFi people.
AmazonUK did have a few show up for sale though didn't last long. I think this is the first time RSM has had a UK Storefront active

Some people have already seen Ebay auction in the triple digits for an Open Copy. Some people just don't seem to take the word of the company when they say more stock is coming. Apparently if it's unavailable at Amazon or backordered that's means permanently OOP for them and the same folks come screaming 2 weeks later about have they were scammed by the Ebay sellers/scalpers -- same folks seem to do this repeatedly so I figure they're Drama Queens, Performance Artists, and/or Masochist

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I really enjoyed it and it's the last in the series. From Russia made for 3D. Everything about it is good. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:

Attachments

• 1661306862971.png
    1661306862971.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 1661307106926.png
    1661307106926.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Ratatouille is very good in 3D especially when things move to the restaurant, I remember watching this once in 2d and my wife and I both agreed to stop and put the 3D disc on to continue.
I agree with you. I haven't watched a 3D in a many months. The last one I watched was Rata.. I thought it was fantastic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks