What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Double feature tonite...1st up, super 3D but scary and informative! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:

1644814134073.png

2nd up...lots of fun, fun! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
1644814287912.png

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We watched the new Ghostbusters on Friday. I was skeptical as I find Finn Wolfhard very annoying in other works, but he was surprisingly OK here. Overall the film was great fun, though it seemed like Mckenna Grace was mostly just channeling her "Young Sheldon" character.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bit of a heads up

Hotel Transylvania 3 3D (AUS but Region Free) is on Lightning Deal at Amazon for 24.99 shipped from the US -- ends around 11pm ET or when they sell out. Currently about 50% redeemed

It's extremely rare to see a foreign disc on a Lightning Deal esp since this has been sold through the RSM/PrimeDVDs marketplace making it substantially cheaper than even ordering direct from RSM AUS website.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
In case you didn't see it on Kino Lorber thread.

Coming May 10th!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/treasure-of-the-four-crowns-3-d-special-edition-blu-ray

Treasure of the Four Crowns (1983)
• Newly Restored in 3-D by 3-D Film Archive
NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Jason Pichonsky
NEW Audio Interview with Star Tony Anthony Conducted by Filmmaker Douglas Hosdale
• Theatrical Trailer (Newly Mastered in 2K)
• Includes Both BD3D Polarized AND Anaglyphic (Red/Cyan) 3-D Versions
• Contains One Pair of Anaglyphic 3-D Glasses
• 5.1 Surround & Lossless 2.0 DTS Audio
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 101 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated PG
When a set of mystical artifacts falls into the hands of a diabolical cult leader with plans for world domination, it’s up to the devil-may-care J.T. Striker (Tony Anthony, Comin’ at Ya!) to reclaim them. Together with a ragtag team of mercenaries, Striker must battle terrifying natural—and supernatural—enemies within a fortress-like temple where the stakes may be nothing less than the balance between good and evil. So get ready for an unforgettable adventure, with top-notch direction by Ferdinando Baldi (Django, Prepare a Coffin), thrilling score by the legendary Ennio Morricone (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) and a fiery apocalyptic climax so real it’ll send you running for cover! This edition of Treasure of the Four Crowns comes with an eye-popping 3-D restoration by 3-D Film Archive!

1645801900483.png

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Really looking forward to this in real 3D. It's one of the few Silver Age 3D films that eluded me (not my fault: there was a projector snafu the afternoon I went to see it. I was given a voucher to return for free, but I ended up using it for another film since Treasure didn't last long at that theater).

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Really looking forward to this in real 3D. It's one of the few Silver Age 3D films that eluded me (not my fault: there was a projector snafu the afternoon I went to see it. I was given a voucher to return for free, but I ended up using it for another film since Treasure didn't last long at that theater).
I saw it on its UK release. I asked the manager afterwards why the image was so dark and was told that they'd tried everything they could to brighten it up but they didn't want to risk overheating and damaging their projector lens. Many others had also complained about the murky picture.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Interesting article about the status of 3D displays

Glasses-free displays are mentioned, but the big problem with them is that I have seen nothing that convinces me that forward projection of an image is impossible without wearing eyewear.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is this available to order to the UK ?

edit, just tried to order and it’s now $85 !!

ZavviUS has these weird things -- many items to the US have one price while internationally the price is drastically different. The price differential is far exceeding VAT, Shipping, etc

I've seen it rarely on ZavviUK with orders to US, but most of the time the price is the same regardless of shipping address

I'd order from Deep Discount or somewhere other than ZavviUS since I don't think Vinegar has the rights for the EU. DD/importsCds have the old cover art, but correct UPC , release date, and MSRP so it appears to be the correct item -- about $50 shipped with one of the 10% off codes at DD and adding VAT.

Diabolik and Grindhouse I think sell this as well, but I don't think either is doing International Shipping now

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks