What's new

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
It’s a real bugbear for us when movies are mixed this way, my amp has a few settings to combat this by levelling out action and softer parts like dial but I always feel I’m missing out on bass then especially as bass is mostly filtered anyway . So annoying!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It’s a real bugbear for us when movies are mixed this way, my amp has a few settings to combat this by levelling out action and softer parts like dial but I always feel I’m missing out on bass then especially as bass is mostly filtered anyway . So annoying!
I have heard rubberband audio mixes before, but this was absurd. I was constantly adjusting the volume with my remote, almost the entire time. If I really enjoyed the movie this would have been a lot bigger deal to me, but since I'm never watching it again, I don't really care.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I find that almost every movie has a lot of dialogue that is hard to hear. In the theatre for some reason, you almost accept this. I always look forward to purchasing the disc version, so I can turn on the subtitles and get every word.

We are seniors, but our hearing has tested out as normal. ( I asked my audiologist why I have trouble hearing my wife sometimes— she replied “Oh, that’s spousal hearing, we don’t deal with that here”!) We almost always have subs or cc on however, because we hate to miss anything. Some deep voices on Star Trek shows are particularly difficult.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I find that almost every movie has a lot of dialogue that is hard to hear. In the theatre for some reason, you almost accept this. I always look forward to purchasing the disc version, so I can turn on the subtitles and get every word.

We are seniors, but our hearing has tested out as normal. ( I asked my audiologist why I have trouble hearing my wife sometimes— she replied “Oh, that’s spousal hearing, we don’t deal with that here”!) We almost always have subs or cc on however, because we hate to miss anything. Some deep voices on Star Trek shows are particularly difficult.
My mother had "selective deafness": she couldn't hear me when I was sitting next to her but she could hear a kettle going on at 1,000 yards.

The sound on STD isn't helped by Sonequa Martin-Green thinking that whispering is the best way to convey strong emotions. It really isn't.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of SHOGUN WOMEN. Just horrible, in my opinion. However, happy to have supported the release through a purchase.
I’m guessing you didn’t like the setup for the revenge plot. Nasty, I grant you, but if you like amazing 3D and classic Kung Fu action you should really watch the rest of it sometime (maybe just fast forward past the first bit) because it’s absolutely phenomenal for those two factors. Crazy weapons choreography, right in your face.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I was never a big fan of the 1984 version. Word of mouth sold me on this one. Also glad to hear that the 3D is acceptable. Will watch mine tonight and see if it gels. :3dglasses:

While I didn't love the 2021 "Dune", I liked it and thought it was 100X better than the disaster that was the 1984 film.

That one's just unwatchable!

sbjork

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I just had to go to Italy to get this. . . I see there are some ancient posts here about a U.K. version, but has anyone picked up this Italian Steelbook yet?

20220118_173819.jpg

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
It was very enjoyable. Almost everything about it was great...except for the audio, had to crank it up to enjoy it. This was a post 3D effort, but they did a damn good job. I'll let you read about the plot. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:

Towards the end, I just left on the English CC.

1642568540935.png

Last edited:

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
I just had to go to Italy to get this. . . I see there are some ancient posts here about a U.K. version, but has anyone picked up this Italian Steelbook yet?

View attachment 125303
What Region is this? I recall watching this, when either Netflix or Amazon streamed 3D, and though it looked great in the format. I would like to add the disc to my collection.

sbjork

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
What Region is this? I recall watching this, when either Netflix or Amazon streamed 3D, and though it looked great in the format. I would like to add the disc to my collection.
Region B, according to the listing for it in a couple of places, but I haven't had a chance to put it in and test it yet. I'll be watching it this weekend.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
In addition to the steelbook packaging, this one is a two-disc set which also includes an anaglyph version, two pairs of glasses, and possibly more and/or different extras. I won't know for certain until I dig into it -- I can't read Italian!
Mine was a single disc “B” locked.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Where do I start. Waaay too long, had to really crank down my audio, it was bass driven, which is good, didn't care for the sepia look, 3D wasn't nothing to write home about and I did have to turn on CC the last half of the movie. Rebecca Furguson was almost completely unintelligible until I put on CC. You would have thought someone would have said, "lose the British accent, can't understand a word you say!"

Overall, it's going to be hard to get Part II, let alone watch. But, if it's 3D, I will buy! YMMV

1642800704269.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fadilale
Recent bookmarks