What's new

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Continuation of the Marvel Universe 3D/Japan connection

Eternals MovieNex 4K+3D+BD
Eternals 4K, 3D, BD Steelbook -- doesn't look available to order right now, but heads up if folks want the deluxe packaging

Usual stuff -- expensive, add priority shipping for most people, Substract 10% GST, Add US Sales Tax (or EU VAT)
Current Price 8800 yen, but almost a certainty to fall to around 6800 yen well before reelease like the other items -- usually within a week of listing has been the pattern

Release Date = March 4, 2022

If you didn't order BW and Shang-Chi, you can save quite a lot on shipping by combining all 3 into one shipment
I might just order Shang chi…. But I can’t seem to add eternals as a pre order to the same basket to save on shipping ?, do I wait until eternals is released ?.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
What the hell it’s Christmas, managed to order/ pre order Shang chi and Eternals with combined shipping so eventually saving over £10.00. Hopefully Eternals drops to £59.00 before release same as Shang chi.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What the hell it’s Christmas, managed to order/ pre order Shang chi and Eternals with combined shipping so eventually saving over £10.00. Hopefully Eternals drops to £59.00 before release same as Shang chi.

I would literally bet money on Eternals dropping in price most of the way to 6800 if not all the way.

Just for comparison
1 item to the US (priority only, no option for my location)-- 2300
2 items -- 2430Y
3 item -- 2630 Y

Somewhere around Nov the shipping costs jumped considerably (about 500Y for a single item) so I'm hoping once post Holiday time hits the shipping may drop back to Black Widow levels

If you live on the West Coast there may be a different/sl cheaper/much slower option if it's worked as before.
Not sure about UK shipping, but it sounds a bit better to combine items into a single order. Amazon should split the shipments anyway at no added cost so you won't have to wait until March to get Shang-Chi.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I would literally bet money on Eternals dropping in price most of the way to 6800 if not all the way.

Just for comparison
1 item to the US (priority only, no option for my location)-- 2300
2 items -- 2430Y
3 item -- 2630 Y

Somewhere around Nov the shipping costs jumped considerably (about 500Y for a single item) so I'm hoping once post Holiday time hits the shipping may drop back to Black Widow levels

If you live on the West Coast there may be a different/sl cheaper/much slower option if it's worked as before.
Not sure about UK shipping, but it sounds a bit better to combine items into a single order. Amazon should split the shipments anyway at no added cost so you won't have to wait until March to get Shang-Chi.

Looking at my order that’s what’s happened, I should receive shang chi on 28th December to the UK. Gosh £120.00 for 2 movies ….

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
You could wait a few years until 3D popularity returns and buy these movies when they re-discover that "WOW 3D masters were actually made for these way back in 2021"!

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
very quiet in here isn’t it!. Just had Dune fall through the letterbox, packaging is bare bones minimum, what happened to lenticular slipcases, 3D 2D dvd and digital codes 😂.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
There will be from me as soon as I get my subs back on line!
39462B41-4021-4792-8550-ECFCB79DA02A.jpeg

Heres…Johnny !

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I preordered 'The Eternals' 3D too. I hope there isn't a lot of subtitle drama.

It should be the same as the other two discs from Japan. Haven’t seen the film yet but was informed in the dedicated thread for it that one of the team members is deaf or hard of hearing and communicates in sign language, which is subtitled throughout the film. I am anticipating having to marry the subs from the domestic release with the Japanese import again. I imagine at this point that’ll be SOP until Disney Japan pulls the plug on these altogether.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
My subs are back!!!

Watched JOURNEY TO SPACE 3D and it was as great as the others. I did a side by side comparrison of the 4K with the 3D. Sure the 4K was nice and crisp, but the 3D always bring it to that higher level. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:

1640841037753.png

...and watched a few minutes of each one...both were awesome!!! :dance::3dglasses:

When I view them entirely, I'll repost.
1640841195420.png

1640841499459.png

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Wow...finally watched it in all its glory...and it was SUPER GREAT!!! I have faint memories of it when I watched it in SD but it sure didn't prepare me for watching it in 3D.

It was excellent on all levels, even had to turn down the audio...ya hear that Disney!!!

I did compare the 3D with the BD and the UHD. Viewing this on my projector my opinion is: the UHD is lousy looking, the BD is much better looking and the 3D just shines. YMMV :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::rock::3dglasses:

THANK YOU 3D FILM ARCHIVE and all the hard work you put into this 3D presentation. And to Vinegar Syndrome for releasing it.

1641164818270.png

On to REVENGE OF THE SHOGUN WOMEN!

Attachments

• 1641164487788.png
    1641164487788.png
    700 KB · Views: 9

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I did compare the 3D with the BD and the UHD. Viewing this on my projector my opinion is: the UHD is lousy looking

There was an error in mastering the film for UHD and the UHD disc is considered defective - Vinegar Syndrome will be sending out replacements automatically to anyone who purchases directly from them, and has instructions on their page for how to get the replacement if you purchased it elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks