What's new

MikeDE

Second Unit
Wow does Flesh For Frankenstein look amazing in 3D! Tons of gory pop out and nude depth!;) As corny and campy as I remember the last time I saw it on 1977! View attachment 120931
i absolutely agree! It looks better than I could have hoped. The content is definitely not to everyone's taste, but it’s been the holy grail of 3D movies for many of us (after giving up hope on Hondo). A great disc.

Mike Frezon

Premium
I was sure I posted twice in a row, once about Flesh for Frankenstein which has vanished, no matter and thanks for asking.
Yeah, there's been no post deleted that's adjacent to your post referencing the "Tinkerbell movies."

Maybe you forgot to push "Post Reply?" Although I think the software has been keeping text alive in unsent reply boxes...so I'm not sure that's a valid explanation. Sorry.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Got a nice surprise on my doorstep today:

IMG_1789.JPG
IMG_1791.JPG

David Norman

Premium
Let us know about the subs !

Couple reports on blu-ray.com confirm the same as Black Widow.

Subs are either on or off. If you want the translation of the Chinese language segments, you have
to leave the English subs on or else remember the spots where to turn them on/off.

Other option, have a player that can layer an external sub track over the playback like some people did with Black Widow

noel aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
i absolutely agree! It looks better than I could have hoped. The content is definitely not to everyone's taste, but it’s been the holy grail of 3D movies for many of us (after giving up hope on Hondo). A great disc.
I received mine too and was on pins and needles for it as I’d ordered it last summer and we’ve had a rash of thievery here in NYC w packages. Can’t believe the fantastic job VS has done w this release. This is how a collectors edition should forever be done. I can’t believe I’m now able to remove this from my forever wanted list. Thanks VS!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
For Shang Chi I lowered the subtitles postion on my Panasonic UB9000, and honestly it was pretty painless. They didn't obscure the video image at all and after a while I forgot they were even on. That is how much of a non-issue it was for me. Really fun movie, I enjoyed it much more than Black Widow (which, without the action scenes would have been a dud). 3D was again good to great some scenes really benefit, while others 3D is barely there. a lot of dark late middle to the last which is never good for 3D, but it was fine overall.

4K HDR is great, but given the choice I'd pick 3D again, and again. Nice to have both though.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Another Asylum production. It wasn't to bad of a haunted house story. Shot with 3D cameras, so the 3d is pretty damn good. The rest is up to you to form your own opinion. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:

1639627121098.png

I did receive my REVENGE OF THE SHOGUN WOMEN today and I should get FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN tomorrow. :dance:

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just ordered JOURNEY TO SPACE IMAX (4K/3D). Had to buy it new, didn't trust buying one a used one (especially when they say it is in used condition but still plays) from some thrift store off eBay.

David Norman

Premium
Continuation of the Marvel Universe 3D/Japan connection

Eternals MovieNex 4K+3D+BD
Eternals 4K, 3D, BD Steelbook -- doesn't look available to order right now, but heads up if folks want the deluxe packaging

Usual stuff -- expensive, add priority shipping for most people, Substract 10% GST, Add US Sales Tax (or EU VAT)
Current Price 8800 yen, but almost a certainty to fall to around 6800 yen well before reelease like the other items -- usually within a week of listing has been the pattern

Release Date = March 4, 2022

If you didn't order BW and Shang-Chi, you can save quite a lot on shipping by combining all 3 into one shipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raja hitam
Recent bookmarks