What's new

TallPaulInKy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul W Urbahns
[QUOTE="Johnny Angell]
I think it's a problem when you've reviewed nearly 20 titles and the 3 I'm most interested in are not available for purchase. Release Creature from the Black Lagoon and It Came from Outer Space in 3D and you'll here me pleading "Honey, now's the perfect time to upgrade to 3D."[/QUOTE]

These are available for purchase, I own them both and are excellent. PLUS not mentioned, Revenge of the Creature is available in 3D on " Creature From the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection [Blu-ray]"

I can't say enough about the 3D version of The Wizard Of Oz. I was amazed to see such quality from an old film. Do you think we'll ever see Gone With The Wind in 3D?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
[QUOTE="Johnny Angell]
I think it's a problem when you've reviewed nearly 20 titles and the 3 I'm most interested in are not available for purchase. Release Creature from the Black Lagoon and It Came from Outer Space in 3D and you'll here me pleading "Honey, now's the perfect time to upgrade to 3D."

These are available for purchase, I own them both and are excellent. PLUS not mentioned, Revenge of the Creature is available in 3D on " Creature From the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection [Blu-ray]"

I can't say enough about the 3D version of The Wizard Of Oz. I was amazed to see such quality from an old film. Do you think we'll ever see Gone With The Wind in 3D?
[/QUOTE]
You should check the age of posts before replying to them. The post you quoted is several years-old.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Very well done with damn good 3D. The CG and audio were just as good. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :3dglasses:
View attachment 81792

Remember when the glitch, not sure what it's called, where the foreground went to the background and vice versa in THE GRINCH. Well, it happens at around the 53 min. mark in this movie, quite startling to see, even though it lasts for only about a few seconds.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I really enjoyed this. Damn good story, bright colors and the audio was perfect. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

1605573809554.png

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn’t it sad that we 3D enthusiasts are reduced to searching the world for any obscure animated flick that most have never heard of and of dubious quality to feed our 3D habit?
Yes, but on the other hand we can be happy that we currently have hundreds of 3D options to watch at home. Up until what, 2009-ish, there was no option for 3D in the home at all other than a handful of red/blue anaglyph DVD's.

Watched Surf's Up! last night, the 2007 animated surfing penguin film (a recent $5 pickup at Big Lots). It was a lot of fun, but I did find myself thinking at a couple times how much better it would have been in 3D. But it was a couple years too early for the 3D bubble.

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I see that there is a RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER 3D and a UNDERWORLD: BLOOD WARS 3D. Are they any good?

The only ones I have in 3D are RE: AFTER LIFE/RETRIBUTION and U:AWAKENING and all of them on BD.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I see that there is a RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER 3D and a UNDERWORLD: BLOOD WARS 3D. Are they any good?

The only ones I have in 3D are RE: AFTER LIFE/RETRIBUTION and U:AWAKENING and all of them on BD.

Neither is a terribly good movie and the general consensus on the 3D is not very good.

The nicest thing I read about Blood Wars is "very mild" and that's far better than the best I read about Final Chapter. Part of the problem with Final Chapter even in 2D is the fast edit style is irritating and I don;t think that style editing is ever conducive to good 3D.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Neither is a terribly good movie and the general consensus on the 3D is not very good.

The nicest thing I read about Blood Wars is "very mild" and that's far better than the best I read about Final Chapter. Part of the problem with Final Chapter even in 2D is the fast edit style is irritating and I don;t think that style editing is ever conducive to good 3D.

Well, that saved me a few bucks!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is there any English anywhere on this disc?

View attachment 82196

As in English Audio tracks -- I'm 95% sure all Snow Queen 1, 2, and 3 have German: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 tracks. I don't think there are any English subtitles if necessary.

I know the trilogy has been available
for under 20EUR in the past and I'm pretty sure the individuals may have been 5-7 each with certain deals some of the various combo deals on AmazonDe. I've had it in my cart a number of times and never went through with the purchase or it went OOS before I could order it.

There is a Snow Queen 4 3D from France which also has english audio and supposed to be Region Free. I feel I've looked that title up, but can't remember if that was in this forum or bluray.com

I know Paul Hillenbrand has all 4 listed in his collection so if he's hanging around he could take it to 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks