What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm still trying to figure out why Amazon (also Best Buy and Bullmoose, apparently) is selling the F13 set for $30 less than Shout directly? They were offering some bonus stuff at one point but that's long since been sold out.

Last edited:

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I'm still trying to figure out why Amazon (also Best Buy and Bullmoose, apparently) is selling the F13 set for $30 less than Shout directly? They were offering some bonus stuff at one point but that's long since been sold out.

Because Shout. Short of the occasional sale like they have going on now, they generally stick to their own SRP. Amazon discounts.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
We’ve watched all the Ice age movies again, today was the last one and the 3D was excellent in places with really good pop outs.
I hope Disney’s Soul will come to 3D Blu ray at some point. I’m missing pre ordering movies, 3D or 2D...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I got my glasses recharged and managed to watch Hellbenders and Goosebumps over the past week. Hellbenders was nothing special, but Goosebumps was kind of fun in 3D and is still hilarious IMO in any number of dimensions. :)

I think the only two recent 3D releases I'm missing are Onward and Rise of Skywalker.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I found “Rise of Skywalker” 3D well worth importing from Britain. Because of COVID there will be a chapter in my forthcoming book:“The Convoluted History of Me and my US PO Box during The Pandemic” about it!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I found “Rise of Skywalker” 3D well worth importing from Britain. Because of COVID there will be a chapter in my forthcoming book:“The Convoluted History of Me and my US PO Box during The Pandemic” about it!

Ah, the joys of living on the moon. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Amazon UK is having a sale on select Disney/Pixar 3D titles, 2 for £15, through November 1. Most of these are region-free (excluding only Ratatouille, I think).

Not a huge savings, as most are already pretty well discounted, but if you need to fill any holes in your collection, this is an opportunity. Unfortunately the high import shipping costs negate some of the savings, but it's still not bad with two 3D titles for $30-ish.

Includes Onward, but does not seem to include Rise of Skywalker (though other live action titles such as Maleficent, Pirates of the Caribbean and Alice Through the Looking Glass are included).

I ordered Onward and Wreck-It-Ralph.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Almost everything is excellent...alas, audio is a tad low, as usual. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

What was funny, I had no memory of any of it. It's a bitch getting old.

Meet the Robinsons (3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray) Blu-Ray

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Almost everything is excellent...alas, audio is a tad low, as usual. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

What was funny, I had no memory of any of it. It's a bitch getting old.

Meet the Robinsons (3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray) Blu-Ray

I don't have the Blu-ray but, I remember seeing it at a movie theatre. I kept removing my 3D glasses to see if it was any different without them. It wasn't. This title and Chicken Little were the same. Very bland 3D.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Probably not a must but 2012's "Night of the Living Dead 3D: Re-animation" is a darkly humorous zombie movie shot in native 3D with several decent pop outs and some creatively gruesome creature f/x.
Andrew Divoff and Jeffrey Combs are estranged brothers squabbling over ownership if the family business. Unfortunately for them, the business is undertaking and some of the recently deceased turn out to livelier than others.
The performances are variable and the uneven pace works against it but if you're not expecting too much, it's quite entertaining and undeserving of the abuse some people have aimed at it.
Perhaps they didn't see it in 3D? :) :3dglasses: :eek:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sounds like it may not be announced until Black Friday, according to a post a couple days ago on their Facebook page:

Vinegar Syndrome
October 30 at 10:18 AM ·

It's just four short weeks until our colossal Black Friday 2020 Sale (November 27-30), featuring 50% off SRP on nearly every single title in our catalogue, two secret limited edition VS releases, two new VSA releases, four catalogue slipcovers, three new partner label titles, THE BEASTMASTER, FADE TO BLACK, FORGOTTEN GIALLI: Vol2 and so much more! This will be your first in a series of weekly email updates leading up to the big event!
But, as usual, the cherries of the sale will be our two magnificent surprise VS titles, which are our long promised (and very first) 3-D Blu-ray of an early 80s horror treat, presented in its original scope framing and in full digital 3-D, Anaglyph 3-D (with custom glasses!) and, of course, Flat 2-D for the first time, along with a late 80s, whacked out, crowd pleasing gore fest from one of our favorite underrated wizards of supernatural slice n' dice!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sounds like they're providing both versions of 3D so those without a full-on blu-ray 3D system can still watch in 3D on regular sets.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In the -- when you run out of other 3D items. I am under the impression that both of these items will be B-locked

MINISCULE 2 The Mandibles from Far Away (2019) 3D -- a followup to the quirky Valley of teh Ants.
Many found the original interesting, others weren't enamored of the non-narrated, minimally plotted nature of the first.

The followup seems to be more of the same. I know a couple people here either have this disc (Paul H and Panman) or saw it in the theaters. I have done neither so just a FYI since this disc seems to be difficult to get. I think only a Swiss release exists. I have heard of the website in the past though never used them so they are definitely legit. A couple folks on bluray.com have recently ordered and said they received the product without an issue.

24EUR (approx $29USD). As far as I can tell, shipping is part of the price and I can't see an extra charge. They do appear to accept Paypal for those with concerns over international CC transactions

Even more an FYI -- nWave has a sequel to the interesting and quite good Bigfoot Jr(Son of Bigfoot) titles Bigfoot Family. There does appear to be a Bluray 3D coming out (?Belgium), but specs aren't clear and it's unknown whether this has english Audio yet. The original only had English on the Brazilian BD, but Corgi from the same company last year had English tracks on the Belgium release. I know several people ordered the original German/French Bigfoot Junior and found out too late it wasn't English Friendly.

bol.com has a listing up with release date Dec 2 with a UPC 5412370878694, but the specs haven;t been confirmed yet and shipping costs from Bol are steep (29EUR to the US). Bol.com lists this with English Audio, but at least one other company contacted said it did not. None of the other EU sites that have sold Belgium titles appear to have a listing yet

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation240
    Recent bookmarks