What's new

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Final destination 4 is just superb 3D, if you don’t like strong 3D and pop outs don’t watch it. This is how all 3D should be.
I love pop outs but I have this Samsung JU7100 65" and the 3D is all over the map from movie to movie. :( sharp, smooth and colorful but with ghosts sometimes, often very little other times messes the movie. Like Spykids and Comin at ya I can't watch. I want a projector. Worried they will stop making the 3D ones.

I was wondering if I had the samsung calibrated by a pro if they could fix the ghosting. I did a lot of adjustments but didn't mess with those color settings they said don't touch.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I love pop outs but I have this Samsung JU7100 65" and the 3D is all over the map from movie to movie. :( sharp, smooth and colorful but with ghosts sometimes, often very little other times messes the movie. Like Spykids and Comin at ya I can't watch. I want a projector. Worried they will stop making the 3D ones.

I was wondering if I had the samsung calibrated by a pro if they could fix the ghosting. I did a lot of adjustments but didn't mess with those color settings they said don't touch.

Turn down the brightness and/or contrast to lessen the ghosting. If you want to eliminate the ghosting buy a DLP projector.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Sometimes it seemed like the darker settings were making it worse. I spent a ton of time when I first got it making it look as good as it does. I might go back some time and mess around some more. I have all the settings jotted down because I don't think this has a memory functions.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Epson 5040/6040 or 5050/6050.
Those looks great. I was thinking I might not need 4K. just 1080 and 3D. For 4k I'd just watch the samsung. Im trying not to overuse one video device. It's kind of like that cheapie I now have in the kitchen, just watch it to death and save the samsung. :D I'm not dead set on that though. Will have to see if the money is there once I move into a bought how before long. still trying to get my place cleared of junk and trying to pack. A few other problems too that I shouldn't go on about

thanks for listing those!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Got my Desolation of Smaug today. Might be a few days before I watch it. BTW, all the discs say “For Rental or Resale” as does the box. Don’t think I’ve bought anything like that before. It was shrink-wrapped. The box has one of the better lenticular covers I’ve seen.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got my Desolation of Smaug today. Might be a few days before I watch it. BTW, all the discs say “For Rental or Resale” as does the box. Don’t think I’ve bought anything like that before. It was shrink-wrapped. The box has one of the better lenticular covers I’ve seen.

Don't know why, but I have had quite a few UK discs that have this on them. Not sure if it's studio specific or some other subset, but it seems fairly common. I know my Hobbit Set and LOTR UK discs have that so

My Superman 8 disc set has the big yellow NOT FOR RENTAL on it. Luckily I don't remember getting any that say "For Rental Only" which I have read some folks getting off Ebay and Amazon marketplace which definitely shouldn't happen unless you are buying closeout from a UK Rental Store

Seems like I remember this being discussed somewhere and apparently is fairly common at least with some studios (Warner maybe). Many DVDs also had this label -- you can google "For Rental or Resale" and find some pretty interesting discussions

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Don't bother unless you watch it with your grandkids. Great color, some pop-outs and okay audio. :3dglasses:

Trolls World Tour [Blu-ray 3D Digital Combo Pack]

Real Name
Damon Atkinson

Although the glasses can be finicky, DLP is the way to go. I went with the BenQ TK800 but there are other models that rate better. It's a bit slow about changing from 4k to 3d but there is absolutely no ghosting on any title I've watched with it. I also have an old Epson 3100 that isn't bad about ghosting for most disks but very strong titles like Comin at You and Jaws 3 give it a bit of trouble.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Although the glasses can be finicky, DLP is the way to go. I went with the BenQ TK800 but there are other models that rate better. It's a bit slow about changing from 4k to 3d but there is absolutely no ghosting on any title I've watched with it. I also have an old Epson 3100 that isn't bad about ghosting for most disks but very strong titles like Comin at You and Jaws 3 give it a bit of trouble.
I definitely want to avoid finicky.

I just finished finally watching Static. scene to scene goes from deep and amazing 3d to severe ghosting. Pretty good movie somewhat ruined by the poor quality of my playback. Was wondering if others have problems with this one.

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I definitely want to avoid finicky.

I just finished finally watching Static. scene to scene goes from deep and amazing to severe ghosting. Pretty good movie somewhat ruined by the poor quality. Was wondering if others have problems with this one.

No ghosting from my BenQ HT3550 4K DLP projector.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Finally got to watch Gemini Man 3D last night. This was well worth the trials of trying to obtain it (finally got it from Amazon Germany). Pretty good film, too. Shame it didn't do better at the box office.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks