What's new

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In the FWIW department -- for the time being AmazonUk and De appear to have dropped their standard shipping charges to the US (sorry CA) back to Pre-covid shipping rates.

For those holding off on Onward 3D or something like Gemini Man 3d it might be worth the shot. I have no idea if this is an error or temp or a 1st attempt to return to normal, but for standard slow boat untracked delivery, the postage doesn't appear to be an issue. Any sort of elevated shipping still appears pretty extreme.

I have a feeling this is in error, but Amazon has typically honored such mistakes in the past. I also haven't looked at general prices to see if there are any special deals, but essentially a £10 savings on 1st item might be worhtwhile even if the item price isn't great.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Why is FD 4 better than 5? I’ve never watched any of the FD movies, so can I just jump in at 4 or 5?
I would also say fd4 is a bit better than 5, I’m sure anyone here interested in 3D would look to get both and make their own minds up, I love all the FD movies but the 3D releases are great!.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I have all 3 of the HOBBIT movies on BD (non-extended), but if I wanted one for my 3D collection, which one would it be?

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Got Taza: Son of Cochise this weekend. Really can't beat classic 3D for shot composition and depth, though I'm really starting to notice the limitations of my 3D plasma when it comes to crosstalk in day-for-night scenes.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I just received Tarza. There are two ways to watch it:

1. Watch for the 3D. This of course is excellent and probably one you could pull out to demonstrate your system to a friend. The restoration is impeccable.

2. Watch it for the exciting story. Here it fails miserably. I can't imagine ever wanting to see this on TV or flat in the theatre. It is less than 80 minutes, but I had to play the commentary to keep me going and the last 20 minutes in ff with sound.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Yes, as long as you have two HDMI output ports, or a capable HDMI splitter:
【4KSP12-S】HDMI2.0b Scaler Splitter [1 Input / 2 Outputs]

18Gbps HDMI 2.0b Splitter 4K x 2K, 2 Way, 2160P, 4K60Hz 4:4:4, 1080P&3D, 4K And 1080P Synchronously On Different TVs, HDCP2.2, PCM7.1, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master, Built-in Surge / ESD Protection, Active HDMI Amplifier (1 Input 2 Outputs)
Interesting that Amazon.com has now lowered the 4KSP12-S spitter price which was $69.99 to $39.99!

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 10.14.35 AM.png

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I would also say fd4 is a bit better than 5, I’m sure anyone here interested in 3D would look to get both and make their own minds up, I love all the FD movies but the 3D releases are great!.
I can't find 4 in 3D. oh well. ...

I was thinking 3 would be spectacular if in 3D. That rollarcoaster bit is my favorite of the openings i think..

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't find 4 in 3D. oh well. ...

I was thinking 3 would be spectacular if in 3D. That rollarcoaster bit is my favorite of the openings i think..

The German set that panman listed is one, but also remember from earlier that FD4 isn't called 4 in most countries.
The US true 3D version has been seen for $10-15 on Ebay recently a few time though more often listed $35+. Occasionally you;ll still find one with the lenticular cover

THE FINAL DESTINATION 3D (2009) UPC 794043145841 is the real US BLURAY 3D

Canada -- real 3D, but I haven't seen it for sale at Amazon in ages. Very occasionally one will pop up on on Ebay
THE FINAL DESTINATION 3D/ (Destination Ultime) (2009) UPC 794043151521

German sets
The Final Destination 4 3D (2009) UPC 5051890032775 or 5051890161260 both seem to be real BD3D. The latter seems to be a 2013 re-release of the 2011 original item and easiest to find. New item -- about 20EUR delivered to the US directly from Amazon.de

UPC 5051890012210 is the German anaglyph version

As far as I can tell UK never released a true BD3D version, only the anaglyph disc

Italy and Mexico also have releases, but seem to be nearly impossible to get. Italy only sold be 3rd parties who don't ship to US and even if you can find a retailer in Mexico who still ships to the US, I haven't seen it for sale in a long time

France has a release "Destination finale 4," but it's Metropolitan not Warner so it's almost certainly B Locked

US release The Final Destination in 3-D (2009) -- Special Edition UPC 794043130014 is the anaglyph version .

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw The Legend of Hercules 3D blu-ray (with Kellan Lutz) at Walmart recently. It was in a cardboard display of Warner titles for $6.96 each.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thank you! It's region free and all.
Ordered from amz .de!
WUNDERBAR!!

Halloween is gonna be fun this year!! well, if the tv doesn't die on me like my receiver did a few months back.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Finally bought my holy grail from eBay...THE FINAL DESTINATION 4 3D (the real deal), but not at the price on the package. I'm nearing the end of buying 3Drs (389) because I can't think of any I really want, other than what is coming down the line, like SHOGUN WOMEN and THE BUBBLE (Roadshow version) or any others from 3D Archives.

s-l1600.jpg
Just reminding myself JOhn got the US release. Good post. I have a stack of disneys in my cart at amazon uk. aladdin, Toy story 4, Rise of Skywalker, Froz 2 and others. Just dying to get these. I don't guess we'll see another sale on those like bef. :( anyway, I'm prob nearing the end of buying. Of course I have picked up some backups mainly from big lots and dollar general. discs can stop working... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks