What's new

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
But, it really does have to do with the equipment. Running POLAR EXPRESS on my old Panny plasma, I had a ton of crosstalk on this and other movies. On my LG OLED, almost no such problems exist...they're even many fewer on DIAL M FOR MURDER. Some of this difference may have to do with the Panny active vs. and LG passive 3D systems.
“Dial M for Murder” is a complete unwatchable double image mess on my Sony 65” with active glasses. Maybe I am getting used to it, but I don’t find any cross talk on 98% of new 3D Blus.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Dial M has some haloing around objects as a result of the film elements themselves (which is also present in the 2D presentation) - it’s very easy to mistake that for ghosting when it’s actually just a limitation of the rather poor film stock that was used to shoot the film.

Polar Express doesn’t have ghosting built into the disc. It’s just that the 3D separation is more extreme than many home displays can handle and the studio didn’t do anything to alter the film to make it easier for home displays to play.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Dial M has some haloing around objects as a result of the film elements themselves (which is also present in the 2D presentation) - it’s very easy to mistake that for ghosting when it’s actually just a limitation of the rather poor film stock that was used to shoot the film.

Polar Express doesn’t have ghosting built into the disc. It’s just that the 3D separation is more extreme than many home displays can handle and the studio didn’t do anything to alter the film to make it easier for home displays to play.
Thank goodness they didn’t!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

Dial M: SuperWarnerColor at its finest
Polar Express: See also Hugo and some other early 3D titles.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
“Dial M for Murder” is a complete unwatchable double image mess on my Sony 65” with active glasses. Maybe I am getting used to it, but I don’t find any cross talk on 98% of new 3D Blus.
I have never had cross talk on any 3D film. Guess I’ve been lucky.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Had my first delivery from DHL today and they didn't deliver my ONWARD to me...the reason...I wasn't home, but I was. 30 ft. from the front door all day. I'm making them come back to deliver it. Seems, from stories on the net, that if they are running late, that reason is their catch-all reason to not deliver it to you.

I told customer service to tell the maroon to just leave it on the front porch like everyone else does.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Making?

I'll just wait on the UK item to go back to normal shipping and get it sub $15 or more likely for this item to drop to low 20;s prerelease like Abominable did (the other Universal 3D MOD). No rush for Trolls

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And I'm just picking a John anyway which I'm sure he knows. They make him buy 3D like TT, Criterion, Warner Archives makes me buy their stuff -- basically be releasing them. It's an endorphin rush that feeds off itself

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I know you are David.

My holy grail is THE FINAL DESTINATION 4 3D but I won't pay the steep price everyone wants for it...new or used! I do have a limit.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I know you are David.

My holy grail is THE FINAL DESTINATION 4 3D but I won't pay the steep price everyone wants for it...new or used! I do have a limit.

Just keep checking eBay.

fd.jpg

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Close Roland,

I'm looking for number 4. I have it with anaglyph glasses, but I want the real deal. I can get it be they can't ship to the US.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That is #4 -- The Final Destination (also known as Final Destination 4 or Final Destination 3D) the 2009 movie. The Bluray3D logo (UPC 794043145841) should mean it real 3D as well. A German release has the FD 4 designation, but I don't think any US release does

This is a different Ebay listing of the item in Roland's post with better pictures of the True US 3D itemc - case art, UPC, Disc, etc

The anaglyph ( 794043130014 )isn't labelled like that and should say
The Final Destination in 3-D on the slipcover, but just The Final Destination on the actual Case Art

This is an ebay listing of the Anaglyph item though the Ebay listing itself has the incorrect UPC on it but you can see it in the pictures-- with slipcover.
Nowhere on the front/rear case art does it mention 3D except on the slipcover

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Previewed San Andreas a few weeks back to test new receiver. A storm happened for real and I still haven't fired it back up again. That over the top helicopter rescue looked great though, being a long time boyhood fan of Emergeny! The sound was dropping out but I believe I fixed it with adjustment, that calibration with the Pioneer isn't terribly good. Will actually be the third time I've tried to watch it when I go again. Another time I put the disc in then took it out in favorite of somehting else! lol

Just picked up Godzilla King of the Monsters finally. That was my current #1 most want. It was $27! I read it's out of print now. So I guess that's not bad. In a perfect world I'd be able to get it from Dollar General for $4. Can't wait to see it! will watch Godzila and Skull again first. Just love those!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks