What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
A tad long, shot for 3D. Live action and CG. Good 3D, color, audio and story line. Wife and I enjoyed it. Next week will be #2. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

The Smurfs in 3D

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Just got my disc of Taza, Son of Cochise and it is stunning. Another stellar job by the good folks at 3D Film Archive.

The folks at Universal should deeply appreciate what 3DFA has produced for them here.

Even if (like me...) you are not a westerns fan, that's ok; just so long as you are a classic 3D fan, get this! You will be pleased.

My only disappointment: That it's not "Taza, Daughter of Cochise"... with Jane Russell (and Rita Gam in the Rex Reason role)....

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m so excited for that one as I’ve never seen it and have been jinxed to miss it every time it’s been screened in dual 35mm near me. And the jinx continues (I say with good humor and not a lot of seriousness), as my 3D equipment is currently disassembled. I hope to be back up and running within a few weeks and if that works out as planned, this and 3D Rarities Vol 2 are at the top of my screening list.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I remember attending the 2003 3D Film Festival at The Egyptian Theater in Hollywood. I didn't buy tickets for all the shows...just the main ones...CREATURE, WAX, etc.

Took all my vacation days to watch them.

Here's a little story. Around that same time or just before, another LAFD Fire Inspector and myself decided to attend the double feature of ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS and DESTINATION MOON at that same theater...with Paul Mantee . He even signed my LD cover.

We got to view the projectors booth with the projectionist. Even got to view the cartoon (Gulliver)
through the projectors view square.

It was one of my most excellent viewing experiences.

Actually , my most vivid was doing an inspection of the Pussycat Theater on Western as a rookie...by myself.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I remember attending the 2003 3D Film Festival at The Egyptian Theater in Hollywood. I didn't buy tickets for all the shows...just the main ones...CREATURE, WAX, etc.

Took all my vacation days to watch them.

Here's a little story. Around that same time or just before, another LAFD Fire Inspector and myself decided to attend the double feature of ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS and DESTINATION MOON at that same theater...with Paul Mantee . He even signed my LD cover.

We got to view the projectors booth with the projectionist. Even got to view the cartoon (Gulliver)
through the projectors view square.

It was one of my most excellent viewing experiences.

Actually , my most vivid was doing aninspection of the Pussycat Theater on Western as a rookie...by myself.
You keep coming up with stuff that makes me want eat my liver with envy. ;) And there’s gotta be more to tell about inspecting the Pussycat.

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
I’m so excited for that one as I’ve never seen it and have been jinxed to miss it every time it’s been screened in dual 35mm near me. And the jinx continues (I say with good humor and not a lot of seriousness), as my 3D equipment is currently disassembled. I hope to be back up and running within a few weeks and if that works out as planned, this and 3D Rarities Vol 2 are at the top of my screening list.

Hey Josh you weren't jinxed..both showings at the Film Forum were botched...the 1st showing started in out of sync 3D that was switched to 2D after the intermission, the 2nd was 2D only..now that Bob is involved that will be history!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I got a couple new ones yesterday: Mars Needs Moms 3D and Rise of the Guardians 3D. It's getting pretty warm now, so I'm not sure when I'll get to watch them. Running the projector in summer heat really makes for a hot room.

I guess I missed out on Gemini Man 3D from Germany. It doesn't seem to be available any more from Amazon.de, unless they've taken down some options to streamline things during virus operations. Not really a high priority title for me, but I'd kept it in my wish list hoping for a price drop. Did anyone here get it? Was it worth it?

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I got a couple new ones yesterday: Mars Needs Moms 3D and Rise of the Guardians 3D. It's getting pretty warm now, so I'm not sure when I'll get to watch them. Running the projector in summer heat really makes for a hot room.

I guess I missed out on Gemini Man 3D from Germany. It doesn't seem to be available any more from Amazon.de, unless they've taken down some options to streamline things during virus operations. Not really a high priority title for me, but I'd kept it in my wish list hoping for a price drop. Did anyone here get it? Was it worth it?

One of the best new 3Ders that I've seen. Crystal clear, great 3D and a very bright picture.

I put in a mini-split A/HC which was the best thing I ever did for my HT. Cold air in the summer and heat in the winter. I even persuaded another forum member from here to put one in in his HT when he runs his projector too.

MARS NEEDS MOMS is on my wish list. Too bad sellers want so much for it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Guardians is high class 3D and ver, very good movie

Mars Needs Moms I seem to like the movie better than most people and the 3D is excellent

I'm seeing one USED copy on AMazon.ca for $16-17 US shipped and ships to the US, It's so much less than anything comparable it would scare me that it's either not 3D or a Sri Lanka boot though there are some US USED for about the same price. Two of them from HalfPrice Books which I'm 1 for 4 getting the item actually listed -- gave up on them a long time ago

Last edited:

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
i just ordered Tormented 3d. User reviews are very mixed on this one - either like or hate. Most of the 3d I've wanted (that's available) I already have, so trying a blind buy on this one since it is cheap at the moment. Will I regret it? Anyone here seen it?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Maybe I'm confusing my movies

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole was first Rise came 2 years later and the two movies are linked only by similar name

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks