What's new

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'll be interested to see where this goes.

I think I ordered the 3D ROS from Amazon U.K. in February as well.

My understanding was that they would ship all orders made up to a certain date but no new orders.

However, all that could certainly have changed.

Keep us posted if you find out anything. Thanks.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker 3D Blu-ray: Amazon UK will not ship to U.S. for me.
I tried a number of other titles with the same results; It would let me ship The Mummy (Tom Cruise) 3D, but I had little interest in actually ordering that.... So wondering what's up. Is this a new policy, is it COVID-19 related?
Has anyone else had any success in ordering the 3D version of Rise of Skywalker shipped to the U.S.? If so, from where? Thanks! Lee

I hope you're not to disappointed when you finally get it. A more tedious SF movie I've yet to see,

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

My understanding was that they would ship all orders made up to a certain date but no new orders.

I had about 6-7 items on preorder from AmazonUK by late Feb/Early March before they closed new orders.
Everything that has released to date shipped to me though often 7-10 later than normal rather than dispatching 2-3 days prerelease-- not really an issue. A couple items they bumped to faster shipping -- not sure if that was necessary or if it was an apology.

I have 3 more items on preorder -- 2 releasing May 4 now after multiple production delays so I'll see how that goes.

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
Thanks all for sharing what you know on the status of your pre-orders from the UK for 3D Rise of Skywalker; it seems likely the pre-orders will get filled, but new orders to the U.S are a no go for the time being. I will try again at a later date - despite its flaws, I enjoyed the film (far more that Last Jedi) and am willing to wait untilIcan get it in 3D.

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
Watched this last night. Fun action flick and the 3D was done well even in the dark scenes.

View attachment 71199

I also found Venom to be a fun action pop-corn flick and a nice tonal balance somewhere between "MCU nice" and "Deadpool adults only". Did not know it was available in 3D. Is this a region free disc and where is it available?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
My problem of course is that although it is only 50 minutes away, my orders are piling up in my US P.O. box with no way to get them — I have stopped ordering of course. I called the post office and had a hilarious yet re-assuring conversation:

Me: Hello, I have a post office box..

Postie: WE’LL SAVE EVERYTHING UNTIL THE BORDER RE-OPENS!

I didn’t even have time to state my problem. :lol: Obviously I am not as unique as I believe.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I also found Venom to be a fun action pop-corn flick and a nice tonal balance somewhere between "MCU nice" and "Deadpool adults only". Did not know it was available in 3D. Is this a region free disc and where is it available?
Region free from Amazon Germany.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have had this German Blu ray of “Venom”for some time and found the 3D actually much better than in the theatre. I also purchased the German 3Der of “Spider-Man Into The Spiderverse” which I also found excellent. All I had to do is print the English covers from the internet.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Actually just got an email from Zavvi the ROS 3D (non SB) was back in stock for order.
With the bumped up shipping (assuming not their fault and related to UK COVID issues), no VAT removal, adn US sales tax it's not exactly cheap anymore at close to $40USD shipped. Real bummer that we now pay UK and US tax through Zavvi

Frozen II and Maleficent II neither are even listed for sale -- my plan is to wait until things calm down, shipping charges return to normal and stock comes back.

My Frozen 2 arrived yesterday, although, where it used to be the USPS that carried it the last mile, it was DHL. I was even refunded a pound or 2 because the price had dropped. Of course, it was a pre-order before the COVID hit the fan.

If inconvenient grocery shopping and inability to order from A.UK remains my worst problem, you can color me lucky and grateful.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Yes, region free and I bought it on eBay for $15.25 including shipping to the US.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Just received StarDog and TurboCat 3D via DHL to California from Amazon UK today!
Pre-order Date was December 8, 2019. Shipping date was on March 28, 2020.

StarDog and TurboCat 3D.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 1.12.22 PM.png

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I've got something coming from DHL today...wish I knew what it was. Just waiting for Skywalker....that's my
Just received StarDog and TurboCat 3D via DHL to California from Amazon UK today!
Pre-order Date was December 8, 2019. Shipping date was on March 28, 2020.

So, that's all that crap I've been texted from DHL. I'll be receiving mine today before 8 pm.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Guess you haven’t seen many SF films then. :D

More than I can count. I actually paid money to see "Logan's Run" so I count myself as a veteran of awful SF.
"Rise of Skywalker" seemed like it was never going to end.
All SF producers should be legally compelled to watch "Unearthly Stranger" to see how it should be done.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Star Wars isn't science fiction.
It's true but I've given up arguing the point.
SF is what Hollywood ingests, Sci-Fi (shudder) is all too often what it excretes.
Star Wars is fantasy dressed up in SF trappings,
I did enjoy The Mandalorian TV series though.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
More than I can count. I actually paid money to see "Logan's Run" so I count myself as a veteran of awful SF.
"Rise of Skywalker" seemed like it was never going to end.
All SF producers should be legally compelled to watch "Unearthly Stranger" to see how it should be done.
To I take it correctly that you consider Logan’s Run to be awful? If so, to each his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks