phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
It's a shame the fine documentary CUNNINGHAM doesn't seem to be getting a 3D disc release. Like PINA it's beautifully done but few people were able to experience it theatrically as intended.
British label Dogwoof is releasing a version July 6. The description refers to 3D technology. I've contacted them about the disc but no reply

Reactions: Bob Cashill

David Norman

Lead Actor
Premium
It appears Taza Son of Cochise 3D is finally up for preorder at most places.

Bullmoose for $20, B&N $26 without a coupon, DeepDiscount $23 ( 19.50 with 15% off TEAPOT code), Walmart $30 though they usually end up pretty close the others. Not seeing it at BBY yet, but I'd be surprised not to see it next week

WowHD UK £20 (24 after VAT). It also appeared the Exchange rate recovered substantially over the week from $1.15 to 1.25/GBP. It's amazing how hard that $1.20 floor has seemed to be over the decades.

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Been working through my 3D backlog!

Great 3D: "Epic". Fairly mediocre movie but terrific use of 3D.
Very good 3D: "Turbo". Not quite as active and involving as "Epic", but still fun use of 3D.
Mediocre 3D: "Captain America: First Avenger". Some good bits - a shot of the shield as it flew at the camera made me flinch - but mostly pretty blah.
This movie's in 3D?: "World War Z". Okay, the movie clearly is in 3D, but you'll forget that fact for a lot of the movie. Some airborne scenes work okay, but a lot of it's basically 2.5D!

Reactions: phillyrobt

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It appears Taza Son of Cochise 3D is finally up for preorder at most places.

Bullmoose for $20, B&N $26 without a coupon, DeepDiscount $23 ( 19.50 with 15% off TEAPOT code), Walmart $30 though they usually end up pretty close the others. Not seeing it at BBY yet, but I'd be surprised not to see it next week

WowHD UK £20 (24 after VAT). It also appeared the Exchange rate recovered substantially over the week from $1.15 to 1.25/GBP. It's amazing how hard that $1.20 floor has seemed to be over the decades.
$17.97 ordered directly from Kino.

Currently $19.89 at Amazon.

Reactions: phillyrobt

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
I’m not sure I’m buying 3D anymore if I’m not going to be into the movie.
I'll buy cheap 3D BDs even if it's a movie I think is meh. Except for "Cap", all of the titles I mentioned a few posts back were inexpensive - like $5 each.

But I won't buy titles I know I dislike - I gotta at least think they're watchable! :)