What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Johnny, my 3D list is getting smaller and smaller, I'm up to 381. There are a few that I need to complete my collection, but I'm not going to spend the high prices for them. So, in the mean time, I'm purchasing these German ones.

Like everyone else, I'm waiting for: TARZA, REVENGE SHOGUN, THE BUBBLE ROADSHOW, 3D RARITIES 2, SKYWALKER and FROZEN 2.

But I also just ordered: DRAGON BLADE, YOUNG DETECTIVE DEE and NOVA ZEMBLA.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just ordered EXTINCTION; NAZI INVASION and SHEEP & WOLVES. :dance::3dglasses:

I have Transformers. How are the other two films supposed to be?

I am kind of looking to buy what I can before the format is completely dead.

However, I am being careful not to pick up complete garbage titles.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I have Transformers. How are the other two films supposed to be?

I am kind of looking to buy what I can before the format is completely dead.

However, I am being careful not to pick up complete garbage titles.

I agree with your second sentence. But being a sci-fi/horror collector and now 3D collector, all titles are game when you collect.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
815R3DT6pIL._SX522_.jpg

I wanted to mention that based on a recommendation in this thread, I purchased, received and watched this title.

It's 90 minutes in length and I turned it off after 30. My short attention span could not keep up with it.

The 3D was decent. I was hoping for more blatant pop-out like "Sammy's Adventures." There really wasn't much of that from what I saw.

I think, the problem for me, was that while the animation against live backgrounds was decent, there's no dialogue in the film and for that reason, it just becomes a visual storyteller. I was kind of bored with it. This is the kind of film that plays better with children than adults.

The purchase was pretty cheap. I am not upset I bought it. I may actually watch the rest of it at some point.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
JACKBOOTS ON WHITEHALL...don't buy it. They screwed up the 3D and if they hadn't, I would have recommended it.

It's done with puppets, not stop-motion and no strings...really odd. :3dglasses:

918wAluNcML._AC_SY445_.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51DurV0rl6L._SY445_.jpg

Another HTF recommendation that I somewhat regret purchasing, though was fairly cheap enough it wasn't a total waste.

While I saw one really decent pop-out effect, the total effort in filming this specifically for the format is completely wasted in that the entire film takes place at night -- in the dark -- which completely hinders the 3D effects.

I have always said in my reviews that there needs to be a good amount of light output within a film to properly convey 3D.

The movie itself isn't really good, either. It plays more like a Twilight Zone episode than anything really riveting.

This probably was discussed prior within this thread, but French subtitles are forced when watching this in English language.

You also need a region-free player to watch it.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Bought it, watched it once then sold it on for similar reasoning.

I bought it, watched it, and will refuse to sell it. A winner in my book! Charming movie with lots of depth and really interesting visuals. Perfect for those who generally can't deal with foreign films due to the subtitles, as this one needs and has none.

While "pop-out's" are fun, that shouldn't be the only reason for purchasing 3D movies. Pixar is not big on the in-your-face stuff, but uses depth with great forethought and precision. In real life, not many things come jumping into one's face, but there is great beauty in perceiving the infinite layering of the objects in our vision, if we are fortunate to be able to. Keeps us centered and better able to navigate. Depth in 3D Blu-rays can be simply awesome. I am glad I do not restrict my 3D collection only those movies that seem to have ojects brushing my nose every minute or two.

Yes, the SAMMY adventures have wonderful forward effects, and MADAGASCAR 3 is a roller coaster of them, but I also treasure the TOY STORY films and a few (not all) of the Marvel movies and MINISCULE for letting me imagine that my display is a window looking out onto a world I feel I could walk into, look around in, and discover really cool things in all corners and beyond the next tree.

Last edited:

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I bought it, watched it, and will refuse to sell it. A winner in my book! Charming movie with lots of depth and really interesting visuals. Perfect for those who generally can't deal with foreign films due to the subtitles, as this one needs and has none.

While "pop-out's" are fun, that shouldn't be the only reason for purchasing 3D movies. Pixar is not big on the in-your-face stuff, but uses depth with great forethought and precision. In real life, not many things come jumping into one's face, but there is great beauty in perceiving the infinite layering of the objects in our vision, if we are fortunate to be able to. Keeps us centered and better able to navigate. Depth in 3D Blu-rays can be simply awesome. I am glad I do not restrict my 3D collection only those movies that seem to have ojects brushing my nose every minute or two.

Yes, the SAMMY adventures have wonderful forward effects, and MADAGASCAR 3 is a roller coaster of them, but I also treasure the TOY STORY films and a few (not all) of the Marvel movies and MINISCULE for letting me imaging that my display is a window looking out onto a world I feel I could walk into, look around in, and discover really cool things in all corners and beyond the next tree.

I agree completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    acinstallation155
    Recent bookmarks