What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I will let you know, I'm not sure it's something that I will enjoy myself, I believe it was native 3D unless I dreamt that ?.
Not sure. This is what it says in Wikipedia:

Like Lee's previous film Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, the film was shot digitally at an extra-high frame rate of 120 fps, modified for 3D, this time, on modified ARRI Alexa cameras mounted on STEREOTEC 3D Rigs.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s native 3D, definitely. Was shot at 120fps but that was downconverted to 24fps for the Blu-ray versions.

I’m not sure how the 3D stands on its own. It’s really meant to be part of a package including 4K resolution and an ultra high frame rate and its probably not as effective without two of those three things. But worth a try. Wasn’t as bad as the reviews.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I had a feeling it was Native. Not sure about 120 FPS though, I’m happy with 24fps. I expect so,e of you will get your copies before I watch this, it will be next Friday before I get to it.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
We just watched Abominable / Everest. Not the best dreamworks movie and the first part took some getting into story wise, however it picked up nicely into a sweet little story, a few places I had a lump in my throat. The 3D was good but I would of liked it stronger and more pop out would of been great.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Gemini Man is one of the few 3D titles I'm passing on, since it won't be at the right frame rate. Saw it at the theater since I knew I couldn't see it properly at home.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Watched The Addams Family a couple nights ago. Too bad that this is not available in 3D anywhere, as it seemed like it would be a great 3D experience. There were a couple times when it almost looked 3D even on the flat presentation.

Seems like we might be at the last gasp of 3D, as several recent films that were 3D in theaters have not seemed to appear in 3D blu-ray anywhere in the world. I thought we might see a few Asian exclusives for a while, but perhaps this is not to be.

Oh, well. I still have a bunch of 3D's that I have not even watched yet, so that'll keep me busy for a while. And there are still other titles available I can pick up, especially the documentary/nature titles. Still a few recent Disney titles that I need to get from UK, too.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Watched The Addams Family a couple nights ago. Too bad that this is not available in 3D anywhere, as it seemed like it would be a great 3D experience. There were a couple times when it almost looked 3D even on the flat presentation.

Seems like we might be at the last gasp of 3D, as several recent films that were 3D in theaters have not seemed to appear in 3D blu-ray anywhere in the world. I thought we might see a few Asian exclusives for a while, but perhaps this is not to be.

Oh, well. I still have a bunch of 3D's that I have not even watched yet, so that'll keep me busy for a while. And there are still other titles available I can pick up, especially the documentary/nature titles. Still a few recent Disney titles that I need to get from UK, too.

There are still upcoming titles to be released on 3D Blu ray, lets not say its over until it’s over :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazon France and German have theirs for 10EUR. French shipping is of course far more expensive. German item is around $12 shipped.

I'm not 100% sure on the region coding though.

The AUS item is definitely region free, but is difficult to find in stock. JBHiFi has been OOS for a long time and Sanity lists it OOS/ships in 10-20 days. I ordered mine from Sanity (backordered then as well) last year along with SM-Far From Home as a preorder and a couple other items. Miniscule did finally ship after 2 months though I'm not sure if it took that long to come back into stock or they just held things for my preorder. If you aren't in a hurry and want the English cover, then Sanity is dirt cheap - 6.99AUD-10%GST + 10AUD shipping so around $10US. If you are interested in some other AUD titles, usually you can get up to 4 singles for $10AUD

HTTYD3 3d is also $10AUD and quite a few of the 3D title are under 2 for 40 or 3 for 30 sales

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Excellent on all accounts! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

61zftDIZB%2BL._SX466_.jpg

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
A movie called Battle for Terra has slipped through my net all this time, I’m sure I’ve heard of the title but perhaps I dismissed it for that reason. Anyway I just watched a trailer and didn’t realise it was animated, also it looks like it should have excellent 3D so ordered a used copy from amazon uk but it’s a German seller for £10.31 delivered.
Any thoughts on what I can expect ?.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Amazon France and German have theirs for 10EUR. French shipping is of course far more expensive. German item is around $12 shipped.

I'm not 100% sure on the region coding though.

The AUS item is definitely region free, but is difficult to find in stock. JBHiFi has been OOS for a long time and Sanity lists it OOS/ships in 10-20 days. I ordered mine from Sanity (backordered then as well) last year along with SM-Far From Home as a preorder and a couple other items. Miniscule did finally ship after 2 months though I'm not sure if it took that long to come back into stock or they just held things for my preorder. If you aren't in a hurry and want the English cover, then Sanity is dirt cheap - 6.99AUD-10%GST + 10AUD shipping so around $10US. If you are interested in some other AUD titles, usually you can get up to 4 singles for $10AUD

HTTYD3 3d is also $10AUD and quite a few of the 3D title are under 2 for 40 or 3 for 30 sales
Amazon US has Minuscule for $28, yikes. I’m not familiar with Sanity, do you have a link?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazon US has Minuscule for $28, yikes. I’m not familiar with Sanity, do you have a link?

https://www.sanity.com.au/

Probably the second most popular AUS site for importing. I find their shipping to be cheaper (about a week after dispatch, but no tracking which seems to be an AUS thing) and faster than JBHiFi though JB usually has/had better sales for a long time. Unlike JB which requires you to contact them after shipment/charge to refund GST, Sanity removes the 10% GST at time of order. Sanity shipping is based on weight and lowest level is $9.95 which I think is around 400-500 gms (sometime 4 items, sometimes 3 is depending of the number of discs and packaging of the items), then jumps to $25 up to ?2kg (10-12 basic singles)

Sanity often has some extra $10 or 10% discount codes, but usually on orders of $50/75/100/150 -- the last $50/75 I'm aware of ended last month and the only code I know of now is a 10% off 150+. The last I checked the exchange rate was around 0.70AUD/USD

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Shed a couple tears on this one John but I found it to have a bit of boring start.
A movie called Battle for Terra has slipped through my net all this time, I’m sure I’ve heard of the title but perhaps I dismissed it for that reason. Anyway I just watched a trailer and didn’t realise it was animated, also it looks like it should have excellent 3D so ordered a used copy from amazon uk but it’s a German seller for £10.31 delivered.
Any thoughts on what I can expect ?.

Martin, I have in my queue, but haven't gotten around to ordering it yet.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
https://www.sanity.com.au/

Probably the second most popular AUS site for importing. I find their shipping to be cheaper (about a week after dispatch, but no tracking which seems to be an AUS thing) and faster than JBHiFi though JB usually has/had better sales for a long time. Unlike JB which requires you to contact them after shipment/charge to refund GST, Sanity removes the 10% GST at time of order. Sanity shipping is based on weight and lowest level is $9.95 which I think is around 400-500 gms (sometime 4 items, sometimes 3 is depending of the number of discs and packaging of the items), then jumps to $25 up to ?2kg (10-12 basic singles)

Sanity often has some extra $10 or 10% discount codes, but usually on orders of $50/75/100/150 -- the last $50/75 I'm aware of ended last month and the only code I know of now is a 10% off 150+. The last I checked the exchange rate was around 0.70AUD/USD
Just checked out Sanity. The say Minuscule is region B. What region was your disc?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks